Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trying to figure out pain sensation

bep1224bbep1224 Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I get this pain that is affecting my arms,back upper and lower and going into my legs and feet. It is a sensation of being pinched tightly inside and stung like from a wasp that packs a wallop on you. All deep inside my skin to the bone. It makes me about nauseated when it hits me. It can happen many times a day all over my body on different sides of arm or legs. My good side or bad side. Almost achy feeling sometimes like a toothache and then it will move on to a different part of my body as quick as it came on, it's gone. Anyone get something similar to this? I don't know if this is a nerve thing going on or a muscle cramping problem. Does this sound like anyone else?

• I also get pains all over the place!

That 'wasp sting' feeling that makes me jump, there for a moment, and then it is gone. I also have an achy feeling, particularly in my arms and shoulders.
    I am experiencing so many other pains and symptoms too.

Now, I can't tell you what is causing it, because I am still waiting to find out. :?

I have been told that it could be my neck (even the foot and leg symptoms), from my thoracic spine or my lower back (where I have already had a fusion a year ago).

I am awaiting an MRI scan on my lumbar spine, and also an appointment with a neurosurgeon to get the results of an MRI scan on my neck.

Last week, I found out that I have very low levels of Vitamin D and calcium, and the symptoms of that are tingling, numbness, pins and needles and even muscle twitching and cramps; all of which are symptoms that I am experiencing.

I think it will be a puzzle to find out exactly what is causing my problems, and am aware than it could be more than one thing. I hope that my neurosurgeon is good at puzzles!

I suggest you get an appointment with a medically trained doctor, to start the process of finding out what is causing your symptoms.
  • Thanks, I did not think about it ever being about what I was or wasn't eating. Makes sense. I have been so wrapped up in nerves and muscles that I have forgot about the rest of my body. LOL I am sure that I do not get the right vitamins and what vitamins I get I deplete with some of the meds I take. Something I should be looking in to. Thanks for the input.
  • Hey every one go through this stage. I am not saying that we should avoid it but yes i too gone through this stage so i could realize how much it will be paining to you.
  • What you describe I have been able to tie directly to nerve pain. When I take the neuro drugs the symptoms lessen and frequency drops. Not always 100% but to a tolerable level.

Have you been to an orthopedist or neurologist? Either should be able to trace back to the cause of the problem. I would start a detailed pain log where you list the date, time, body part, feeling and how long it lasts. Do this for a week and you will have a very clear picture of what is going on.