Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 Months Post Fusion of L5-S1

preeseppreese Posts: 160
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Recovering from Surgery
And I wanted to let you know that I am FINALLY feeling better than I did before the surgery:) Not as good as I expect to feel in another 3 months but definitely better than before and ALOT better than I was 6 weeks ago.
The Surgeon says my Xrays look great, no movement of the hardware and some cloudiness indicating that new bone is forming:) I am almost completely off of the pain pills and muscle relaxants (except for those evenings when I had pushed myself too hard during the day) and using only Tylenol and Gabapentin.
All of this good news along with the fact that Spring is finally moving into Wisconsin, has me smiling today and feeling very optimistic that this summer will be much better than the last one was.

• So glad to hear that Patti! We will both be dancing at Christmas!!! I had a bad pain flare a week ago, but it was due to water therapy, using floats on my ankles. Sooo...not doing that again for a long time! Spring is finally coming! Walking outside is my way to exercise! Glad to hear you are better....Hugs,,Fusion Twin Robin
  • patti, nice to hear sucess stories of people progressing nicely
    and that spring weather sure does help lift you

its also helpfull to have the posts which let us no that this is major surgery and things can and do not allways turn out right

i think when there are say only 1 problem and not too much damage its those that probably get the best outcome
    but i hope im wrong as i have severe damage that needs mutilevel fusion in lumbar and cervical

it was just awfull that your alif had to be aborted and you were subjected to another incision posteriorly
    but kudos to the surgeon realizing that to go ahead with the alif would have been life threatening

wishing you continued uncomplicated healing
  • Hi, and i'm glad to hear that your feeling better.
    Also good to hear the pain levels are coming down, and your fusion is underway.

Just keep doing what you are doing, and by football season you should be ready to tailgate. =D>
    That's if they play this year.

The billioners, and the millioners need to come to an agreement. :T

Best of luck to ya.

• It sounds like you are doing well. You will see a big diffeence in 3 months, 6 months, and that year mark! It's funny how you don't feel or see it daily but when you look back monthly or more you do. Slowly but surely better days are ahead. Probably will have set backs or days you feel bad from doing too much, even with progress, such is the life of a spiney, but it's nice to be able to make it through the days better than before surgery. Remember it takes that year or more so don't over do it becuase you feel so well! Take care and good luck!