Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new plan

nmacnnmac Posts: 112
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Had my appt. at the clinic. We have 3 new programs to try out until Wednesday when I have the leads removed. The doctor proposed that after a few weeks I try another medial branch block for my spine pain and look at the SCS for my referred pain. While I was there the resident listened to my heart and said she heard a murmur. I haven't had a murmur before but I have notice my heart fluttering since the procedure. Has anyone else noticed this during a procedure?They had me get an EKG and let me go so I guess its nothing serious. They are sending it to my PCP to have her follow up. I am trying to have an open mind to the SCS but I am not sure its worth the Lamy. Hope all is well.
Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.

• No heart flutters for me. But everyone's experience is different! Nancy, it looks like you have a lot of decisions to make. I just hope that the right remedy(ies) will be found for you so you can get some permanent relief. Maybe in a few months you and I will be able to make positive reports on how we are doing!
  • If I have an EKG with my SCS on, it picks up muscle tremors and makes the test difficult. Since I have a cervical SCS and get some stimulation in my shoulders and upper chest, it gives the EKG machine a fit. Simply switching it off for the duration of the test takes care of the problem.

• I didn't have the stim on but I had just been using it trying out several new programs. Tomorrow I get the leads removed so I am trying to use it as much as I can. I went out today and cut off some dead wood from my blueberry bushes for about 15 minutes. I didn't bend, twist etc. It felt good to be doing something that I enjoy. So looking forward to Blueberries this summer. Last spring we put them in as large transplants and of course we didn't get much. I really don't know what to think about my situation right now. I am feeling, the little relief I get from the SCS isn't really worth the Lamy and expense. I will probably try the MBB again. I am not really excited about so many medical procedures. I am going to sign up for PT again and see what relief I can get. The stim. and massage do seem to help some. It also helps me keep my strength. Thanks you all for being a sounding board. My hubby doesn't say much and I can tell this is wearing on him. He will do what I ask and nothing more. I have always been his support and I am not sure he knows how to be supportive.
    Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.
  • I had the EKG as part of the pre-op procedures for my permanent SCS. I have a slight right axis deviation which they cleared through the docs before the implantation. It wasn't from the device or as part of the trial though. Even though I've been having some trouble with spasms around the surgical site on my back, I still think I have to say the lammy was worth it for me!

One thing I did have happen last week: I thought the leads had moved! I started receiving fairly decent shocks in my lower back (about 4 inches below the surgical site), felt like needle pokes occurring every 2 or 3 seconds apart. I changed programs with no effect and eventually shut it off. The weird part is that I starting having tingling sensations in the same area that the SCS covered. I talked to my Medtronic rep the next day and he was afraid the device was malfunctioning. We did some diagnostics over the phone and determined that wasn't the problem. I turned it on it worked normal! And the other tingling went away. Haven't had a problem since. I still say is worth the lammy.

Since my meds have only marginally worked I'm changing to MS Contin next month and weaning off that, hoping to eliminate the ER meds and only stick with breakthrough meds as needed.

Hope your new programs worked better for you!