Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is a sex life ?? can anyone remeber??

FenrysFFenrys Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Depression and Coping
Now before anyone gets embarassed we are all Adults - so we know what it is - or do we ?
Yes I know in PM we get the "cripples guide to Karma Sutra" ;-) but what about libido and self esteem ?? How can u expect someone (no matter how much they love you) to find you sexually attractive after they have had to wipe your backside when you've been in too much pain to move Dignity ?? What's that again??
Angry? Me? Too bloody right I am today!! Its one of those days - we all get them lol !
Does anyone know the poem. "I'm not waving, I'm drowning"?? Well today my bouyancy aid has a puncture ;-)

Any comments gladly received - If you feel embarassed then Pmsg me by all means !! X

• but I did not fall in love with hubby's body and so, when he was down and out, I willingly did all the personal care he needed. He often laments that he lost all his dignity in the preop and hospital period. I still found him desirable despite his need for care. Don't see yourself short and remember most of sexual desire in in the mind and you seem to be pretty sharp there!
  • :))( Hi, and just wanna say;

If today is one of your angry days, Me personally i'm looking forward to reading your post's on a good day. Keep er coming =))
  • Hey Jim,
    I'm putting this in the wrong place aren't I ? Need to find where to put replies (only looking on small phone screen with dodgy eyesight ;-)!)
    I have to be careful coz I'm a cantacerous bugger and sometimes forget that people sometimes find me a bit blunt but yes I can take it back too lol !!
    Aw I had em on me good and proper earlier but I have put the world to rights now so I'm ok lol - look forward to hearing more from you :-)
  • your doing it right.

I know what you mean about the eyesight. Mine went bad when i turned 40 y/o, and it's been downhill full speed ahead since then. lol

Sorry i was in the middle of answering you earlier, and then the connection to the internet on my computor went down.

Blunt is a 5 letter word, it's all how different people wanna take it.

Have fun. 8}

• Hey jim,
    Computer signal?what's that one again :-)) Yeah I know what u mean lol we live in shropshire and our area is Very rural !!! So signals are not that great lol!

Oh you've gotta have a giggle haven't you? We are a family of P takers(in a good way).Between joints being soldered together, bits being removed, eyesight running away and teeth rotting on your head through morphine dry mouth - Bugger if they're gonna take my sense of (slightly warped) humour away too!
    Plus its good to have something to intentionally embarras (oops can't spell now) the kids with :-)) !!
    Take care
  • Woops - I just noticed the reply button :-) Aw, I typed loads in my original post today and instead of pressing the enter key I pressed bloody DELETE !!!!! Lol - Let's just say the air was several shades of blue here :-) I was not a happy girl (snigger) Must get new laptop soon I performed a frontal labotomy on mine (system reset) as it got a virus but I need to take it back to factory settings »:« so until I sort it 1 way or other its just the phone lol
    G nite
  • What is Sex? can your physician prescribe this? Does it come in a pill form? is it for back patients only? is this a surgical implant? Do I need to buy a hot tub or pool to benefit from this new technology? should I ask my physical therapist if she will offer this to me for my treatment? I would like to find out more about this. sounds like every one knows about this "SEX" except for me.
  • =)) hA de bloody ha!!!! Pmsl!!!It would be great tho wouldn't it?????? Good luck trying to get it from the physioterrorist =))x0x0