Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the forum

slhallsslhall Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi - my name is Sally and I"m a chronic painer!! I'm 44. I've had left foot, leg and back pain since I was 26. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis at that age and have had 6 surgeries for it. 2 of them major abdominal surgeries. I was diagnosed with tarsal tunnel syndrome in my left foot 10 years ago... decided against the surgeries. I've have a C5-C6 neck fusion and about 7 rectal surgeries. I think I'm at my last stop - which is the pain clinic. I've had acupuncture, various physical therapies, a TENS unit, chiropractic, energy work, osteopathic manipulation... and drugs for relief. NOTHING has ever helped. I recently tried to join and gym and have amped up whatever is wrong with me to a level 11. I have chronic (like 15 years long) left lower back by the SI joint pain, hip pain, leg pain, foot pain and now pain in my left groin. In the past 3 weeks I have had an internal lateral sphincterotomy (whatever is wrong causes the muscles in my rectum to spasm and stay tight) I've had pudendal nerve block (no releif) and ilioinguinal nerve block (no relief) and my pain clinic doc is pushing me to do the Medtronic neruostimulator. My pain is constant, stabbing, dull, sharp, throbbing, burning, aching, spasaming, nagging and debilitating. I get no releif. I currently take as little meds as I can because they constipate me, and with rectal problems... well, you don't want that! I take valium, recently Norco and use my TENS unit for a little releif.

My pelvic MRI and Sacrum MRI came back negative. I have a minor disc bulge at around L2 or L3. No one really knows what is causing all of my pain. I'm sure it's related to the Endometriosis and multiple surgeries as well as the tarsal tunnel syndrome in my foot. I have been active and have "worked through" or accepted the pain for many many years. It's a part of my life. I can't do it anymore, it's not manageable.

I'm scared to death of the neurostimulator. But, the pain doc doesn't even want to do any more nerve blocks on me (I was hoping for a genitofemoral nerve block next - for the groin pain). I am tentatively scheduled for the trial on April 5. SCARED. I am and avid gardener, and used to walk and hike... now I can't be on my feet for more than 1 hour or sit for more than 1 hour at a time. I have no life at the moment. I am open and welcome any and all stories, advice and truths about the Medtronic neurostimulator. I want my life back, but it sounds scary... even though I've already had about 8 surgeries and am no stranger to pain. I think that he is going to try the implant to get my lower back, hip, groin and leg. I'm going to see a podiatrist about a nerve block for the tarsal tunnel syndrome in my foot.

Well, that's it for me... I'm glad I found this place, I feel very scared and alone and far to young for all of this!

• Hello Sally and welcome to Spine-health. I'm not having a great day so not much time, but I have had several foot surgeries (7) so I felt inclined to welcome you and offer my support. Please, if you haven't already, take a look around and see what we have to offer as far as information and learning tools. There are a lot of folks here who can give you support and we all understand CP. Welcome. http://www.spine-health.com/conditions
  • Welcome to the forum, I suppose. I have a medtronic stimulator (3 leads 4:8:4) at T8 that cover most of the pain I feel in my lumbosacral plexus (which includes the roots of all of the nerves that are making you ache). I have had my stim for 15 months and will never give it up.

There is a Spinal Cord Stimulator forum under the Treatments heading. If you will repost your intro there, you will get a lot more responses. I've found all of the SCS people on this forum to be friendly and empathic.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you will find lots of good information in your search on the stimulator here on our site.. i think once you hear from some spineys with it you will feel much better about it! i do hope it offers you the pain relief you need.. good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • Hi slhall,

Welcome you here.

Sure you will have great time with all of us.
  • Hi slhall,

Welcome you here.

Sure you will have great time with all of us.