Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Non union c6-7 End of my rope

enough11eenough11 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have posted before in regards to three cervical fusion 03 04 05. Been struggling with a spinal cord stimulator and multiple revisions.
I am reaching the end of my rope in what to do in regards to to non union/bridged bond. I have been to I think the best doctors from MUSC and Spine center in Charleston, Neuro in Charlotte and Duke Univ. It was found that that there is a non union and that my pain has gotten sooooo much worse since its removal. My left arm in numb and heavy all of the time, the spasms in my left shoulder never stop, my rom "non existent", constant pain in my neck and back. The dizziness, off balance and falling is this normal.
Last week drove to my disability attorney and by the time I got home within a couple hours I could not even move my neck to the right (good side). Back to dr and wearing a soft collar to help.
Right not I feel as though the bones below C6-7 are not only soo tight and sore, they feel like they are coming through my skin.
I am on multiple meds, patches and the only relief I get is lying flat on my heating pad. Great life ya think? I have been told be all of my doctors who I have alot of respect for but enough. They say that if they go and fuse that level it may or may not help with my pain and the problems with my numbnes.
I can't find my crystal ball but I am at the point where I need to call my dr and make an appointment and tell him do it. No one should have to live like this and be almost a prisioner of their home alone with my dogs.

• I certainly can appreciate your frustrations with the cervical spine. As someone who has been in surgery multiple times and lives in chronic pain, I truly get it. But your doctors can do a block to see if the pain is coming off that area or not. The can essentially put blocks on on that area and if the pain is diminished then they know that some of the pain is coming from that area. It will also give you a idea what it would feel like. But, reality is you have had lots of surgery, and the scar tissue is mounting, and surgery always carries the risk of making you worse. One thing I think you need to look at is your cord in any jeopardy at this point? For me the last surgery I did, was a 360 fusion, which was done once I lost my bladder. So you need to think of the possible outcomes and be sure that your pain management has done all they can do. Then I think you will find the answers as to what to do. But the blocks would definitely give you a idea of what surgery could do.