Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post surgery

hawkhhawk Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
i broke my back 8/8/2010 just found this fourm this is great to hear folks like my self that are going thru the same things as i depression and pain i was a paint cont so you know what i am going thru i guess the hardest part is not being able to do what i use to do and slowing down to a snails pace but i just take it one day at a time the pain is rough i still wear my brace a lot but my dr said use only when lifting thats a joke this is my first post so i am rambling on i will get better thanks for your support GOD bless you all hope your pain is 4 or less

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    Welcome to S.H. forums. You'll find many, many people that are going through the exact same thing as you. To have youre life as you knew it taken away and replaced by depression and pain.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • welcome and glad you found the group. Backs are definitely a life changer but stay positive. It will be a slow recovery but you will notice progress over weeks and months. Many of us keep journals to help us understand what contributes to pain and what contributes to keeping pain away.

Stay patient and keep a good sense of humor.

• Welcome to our forum.

Backs take a LONG time to heal and recovery is frustrating and I can understand your depression and pain. Hang in there and try to visualize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. At the time, it seems that the pain will never go away, but very gradually it does for most of us. I've had to make changes in how I do things, and it's so good to have my life back again.

God bless
    >:D< >:D<

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008