Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi-Joined 3-24-11

WarriorinWWarriorin Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:51 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi there-I joined yesterday 3-24-11 & somehow missed the new member login to introduce myself. I am "WARRIOR-IN-CHRIST" but I typed it in caps so it's only WARRIORIN! I pulled this site up on google & I believe I'm addicted already.

I'm 32 & I suffer from chronic back-leg pain, nerve damage, zapping/electrical shocks down left leg.

2 lumbar discectomys/laminectomys L4-L5 2010-2011
(9months apart)
advertisement

Comments

• Hi. My name is Stefanie. I joined yesterday too after googling for a support group site. I was diagnosed with spondylothesis in December 2010. I have pain in my left leg as well. My leg would get the pins & needles feeling after standing for 5 minutes, and I've felt this for a few years, and finally decided to see a doctor late last year.
    I'll be 31 next month and am trying to be proactive to avoid further damage/slippage. I've had 3 epidural steroid injections, and so far they've been a success, but don't know how long it'll last.

• Hi to both of you and welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and as you will see we have many members dealing with lumbar issues and radiculopathy. Check out the many doctor written and peer reviewed articles we have. There are also several good animated video's that are very useful. Be sure to use the FAQ tab at the top of the page to catch up on the history and other important information. Also at the top of the page is a search feature which you can do searches of the site be it articles or forum information. Once again welcome to spine-health.
  • Welcome have a seat and make your selves at home". There is vicodine and muscle relaxers in the candy dish on the cofee table , just help your self to whatever you need, Alex
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hey Alex,

Saw where you were concerned with the side effects of neurontin. I actually have not had any side effects from it. It does seem to help with the pain-electrical shocking down my butt thru my leg. I was on valiums right after surgery but I slept for sometimes 13hrs on them(can't do that with kids!)Now just(just-ha!ha!) gabapentin(neurontin)900mg 3x's, robaxin 750mg 3x's a day (found that flexerel only made me sleepy), & lortabs 3x's a day.

My initial reason for searching, & then finding this site, was to see if anyone else has had these symptoms (zapping-electrical shocks). Come to find out, yes in deed, it is very common. I had them before 1st surgery 4/10 but not after. Months later started again but have gotten worse after 2nd surgery 2/11. These symptoms both times were why the Dr. said surgery b/c my nerve was pinched between bulging discs. (saw the mri's-BAD!)I was afraid that he didn't fix it this time.

Updated news today....he wants to start the epidural shots. Hopefully better results await me than what you experienced. Thanks for the time.
  • Hi Warriorin,

Welcome you here.

Sure you will have great time with all of us.
  • You said it was your l4l5 you had surgery on? Did they fuse it ? If your last surgery was in 2011 nerve may still be agrivated. As you might already know they say nerve can heal up to 18 months. Some dr"s say longer. Mine is almost 7 years now so i am past the nerve healing time by far.

I am also l4l5 and yes i get like a lightning type pain from my surgery area starting on left side all the way down the left leg, At times when it gets bad enough it will also affect the right leg but mostly its the left side nerve. The injections for me never lasted very long. I hope you have beter luck. Even the nerve burn did not work for me. In some way i can even say it made the nerve hurt more.

I guess it depends what type of nerve damage a person has and where, for i am sure there are many diferent causes of nerve damage, hopefuly yours will resolve. Alex
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
advertisement