Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HELP!! What is wrong with me?!?!?!

ldmobleylldmobley Posts: 36
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Chronic Pain
Something is going on and I can't figure it out!

I had a cervical ESI on Thursday. When I woke up from anesthesia I was in some major pain in my mid to lower back. My husband said I was screaming and crying about my back hurting when I returned to the recovery room (I don't remember any of this). Well I have been having some unrelenting pain in this area along with both of my legs tingling. I actually feel like I have creepy crawlies under my skin. I had a VERY difficult time sleeping the last two night because of the pain and my legs. Last night both of my feet were not only tingling but also burning and itching.

I called my PM doctor yesterday to let him know the pain I am experiencing. He was a bit baffled being that the injection was in my neck, not my back. They were curious if this has anything to do with the Workers Comp claim I am on at the moment (I fell in Feb- been having Upper back spasms ever since - different story.) I told them this was more mid to lower back pain rather than upper back. It is definately a different pain. Hmmm. I was instructed to continue taking my meds and call him on Monday if it wasn't any better.

Have any of you experienced this type of pain after a cervical injection? My neck is sore from the injection but that is to be expected, it is already feeling better than before the injection. I just can't get passed this back pain. I don't know what to do. I don't want to go to the hospital because they will just give me a shot and send me home with an unbelievably high bill. Any suggestions?

I need to get this figured out because I can not sleep/rest with this pain and bothersome tingling in my legs. HELP!

Thanks for listening and for any advice you can give,

• Wow, I'm sorry to hear about this new, terrible pain you're having.

We can't give medical advice, but wonder if some gentle stretching, the kind you learned from your PT after surgery and the implant, might help. Do you think it's muscle pain, perhaps from the way you were on the table? Could the leads in your implant have been displaced?

I'm sorry, there's not anything we can suggest that we can be sure won't make things worse - I really hope it gets better on its own, and soon!

• Sorry to hear this happened to you. I'm not medical professional, but it sounds as thought they disturbed a different nerve than they intended to deal with when they did your injection. A little slip of the needle, perhaps? At any rate. The only thing I know that stifles horrible nerve pain is Lyrica. I was just put back on it this week because of the return of some sciatica. Don't know if your PM would be willing to call some of that in for you. It will make you drowsy, but it's not a narcotic, so you don't have to go get a written prescription.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • oh my gosh. you sound almost like me when I had my injection in december 2010. Did your doctor use flouroscopy when he did the epidural? Did you have a ct scan afterwards to see if anything went wrong?
    I had similar thing happen to me, but we knew what went wrong. I had the severe pain afterwards that took numerous injections of pain medicine in my iv just so i could breath, yes it was that bad. I had tingling all over my body and the pain was in my right arm and chest. I was given steroids to take right away. I had trouble walking about 1 hr. afterwards. Long story short, I am now numb in left leg, right arm, right chest with terrible aching and burning in right arm..Also i can not feel hot or cold or sensations in right arm.
    please call you doctor up and see if he can tell you what really happened. PM me and i will tell you more and just to give you my opinion privately.
    hang in there
This discussion has been closed.