Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 Days Post Op, Feeling Good.

DC42DC42 Posts: 23
Wow, I'm 5 days post op from my secound micro and finally I can get comfortable. It was very ruff at first but I slept for a whole 7 hours in a row last night, and when I'm laying down I have no leg pain at all, and minimal back pain. I walked around the block once today and seemed to do fine and have been on my feet most of the day with minimal pain. I'm still on the pain meds but I think thats normal. My back does seem very tender and swollen and kinda gets a stabbing pain like before surgery and the only nerve pain I seem to get is in my heel and foot which hurts a bit but hoping that it's going to go away for good here soon.
I'm really looking forward to a good recovery because it's just getting spring outside and the sunshine is out and I have felt so bad for so long that just knowing that I'm improving everyday now is helping me so much. I don't want to overdue things but I want to get to PT and stretching ASAP to prevent scar tissue as much as possible. I'm thinking about going for another walk but well see I guess. I think that I'm recovering very well already things just feel different and better and I meet with the Dr. in 2 days to see what he thinks. Thank you to those of you who put me in your thoughts and prayers it must have helped and I will continue to use this site and try my best to share my knowledge and experience to help others in need on here. Thanks again, and God Bless! Dane

• that is so great, you are feeling so well Dane! My only bitty warning is: I felt pretty great first week after my L4/5 discectomy... 'overdid' it a bit, and then some major inflammation set in, with return of sciatica, only worse than before. I'm going on 3 weeks post-op. On steroids now, to try to calm things down. Anyway, I have not lost hope, but if i could do it over, i'd really ease into the 'being on the feet all day' and sitting up in chairs too much... for the first couple of weeks anyway. But every surgery and body is different. Just remember, give it time and adjust, be gentle. It's worth it! And may you walk pain free for years to come!
  • I contibute alot of healing from micro l5S1 to ice ice ice. IN 2008 i ruptured l5s1 compression of spinal cord severe foot slap, todate yea i have my days small swelling and stiffness legg pain but i ice when i feel swollen ice when feel tight if i can be inmoble for a bit. I use heat for activity. Im 6,3 215 lbs and very active at work in a plywood plant have even gotten back to slowly pulling chain ( stacking wood that we dry that is 8 foot in legth and random widths from 8 inches to 4 foot) I am very carefull with posture and technice. I did not feel completely healed for almost a yr and 1/2. went back to work after four months. Ice helped me through alot that first yr and still does if i feel swelling. Best wishes on everyones healing process. Oh and i got a ice jell pack at my local pharmacy that is 18 wide by 6, this bigger pack did way more for me then the smaller ice packs.