Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pups!!!!!! :-)

FenrysFFenrys Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Good News
Hey guys
Not sure if applicable on this forum BUT after several days of ranting I thought I'd spread a little happiness lol

Today, after 12 hours of labour, my lurcher bitch (The real Fenrys) is mam to 7 healthy beautiful puppies!!!!!
We lost 1 despite all attempts as he was too long inside :-( However, the other 7 are doing wonderfully :-)

She is an amazing Mam and its her first time so .....Congrats Fen!!!

As I was midwife I am pretty whacked (not as much as Fen) so now we are both kicking back listening to The Kinks (she has awesome taste in music my dog lol)

Just a flying visit tonite/this morn so c ya later xxx

• Yes, it's quite appropriate to make this post in the Good News section. You'll find many, many pet lovers on this forum.

Congratulations on having some very cute and cuddly puppies and that momma made it through. Sorry about puppy #8, but it's wonderful to have 7 healthy, happy ones.

Can you post a picture? I'd sure love to see them...

• Cath,
    Thanks for ur comments - they are all doing really well!!
    I was admiring ur (I think) lovely pics of pets when I came across photobucket :-s Well I downloaded the app for my phone (recently deceased laptop after failed frontal labotomy :-( ) and it willnot upload my pics - awaiting sos frm blackberry forum!!

As soon as I can I will - promise!! :)

Thanx again - take care -sarah x0x0
  • Congratulations on the puppies! I have 2 Briard bitches who are my constant companions. I couldn't imagine my life without my girlies. I don't know if you are familiar with the breed, but they are herders who are extremely attentive.
    I'm still recovering from fusion surgery a month ago. Things seem to be going well and I am trying to be a good patient. Thanks for brightening my day!
    Pat Gibson
    L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
    Now L4 Retrolisthisis
  • =D> congrats yourself pat (on recent surgery):) glad recovery is going well! I note the emphasis on "trying" to be a good patient lol! I was rubbish with hindsight :)
    Briards - not THAT familiar but I will look and get bAck to u with a more informed answer :) I'm glad ur girls make u happy I don't think u get better than animals for giving unconditional love can u ?

Keep up with behaving yourself hun xx
    Take care - huge hugs and 3 dog licks (1 from each) and 7 Sniffs from pups - we won't go into my other members of my menagerie lol xx
  • 8} :jawdrop: Crikey that's a big dog:) :OThey look absolutely beatiful though!!!!!! I read a bit about they're nature etc and it rings a lot of familiar bells :) Our 2 (soon.3) lurchers are quite naughty if ignored at all (thieving buggers if they can get away with it :) )Too clever for a few people who don't research breeds I think its a "working breed" thing :) They seem to need even more mental stimulation than other dogs !

We also have a Jack Russel 8}eventhough I swore "never again";-) and if he doesn't get enough discipline (I smack the floor with rolled up newspaper if necesarry) then he can be a little ??? Lol ! He's only 6 months old so he's trying to be the boss poor delusional fool;) We have many and varied animals lol but I know if we had a bigger place wE would have more!!!!!! So perhaps its good that we don't eh?? :)

Animals are great aren't they?? Much better in many ways thAn us lol

Right, Ill let u go now :) I am so happy for u and I hope your recovery continues well
    Hugs etc - sarah
  • Sarah-
    I know Russells well - they are hair covered hand grenades! We had at least one at our barn. The horses would get so annoyed when they would jump up to their noses. I don't have horses anymore. The briards are big enough that I feel like I have ponies in the house. It is a great breed but they are certainly not for the novice owner. They are exceptionally intelligent and they know it. Unlike border collies they are happy to spend their time on the settee. But they are ready for anything you want to do. Versatile, loyal beasties.
    Thanks for the encouragement in the healing process. I knew it was going to be long and drawn out, but it has exceeded my expectations. Pain is well controlled as long as I am not up too long. Xrays show everything is in place. Now we'll be looking for bone growth so that I will be able to start reconditioning. I was reduced to an invalid, barely able to walk prior to surgery. Now I can walk better than I have in months. So Hooray! I want to get back to an active life. I'm 54 but most have no idea. I'm not ready to shuffle off to a rocking chair. Back to yoga & pilates, hiking and walkies with the girlies.
    Have a wonderful Monday. Lorna Doone and BB send happy tails & puppy kisses.
    Enjoy the babies.
    Pat Gibson
    L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
    Now L4 Retrolisthisis
  • >:D< Pat
    U are most welcome and I am glad everything seems to be going well(if feeling a little mind numbinly slow for you lol) I understand why u do not want to go back to being like an invalid(2 years in wheelchair was way too much for me thank you lol)

That's a pretty good description of Jacks lol and I bet the girls are exactly like small horses lol Your right tOo about the novice owner :-)
    Gardening is my thing in the better weatherI have a few raised beds and I grow small amounts of veg and soft fruit etc I kept bees until this year I don't think I will be buying a nuc in May this year tho as I try to do too much so have to let something go :-( buut u know how it is ;-) We have 6 hens and 1 cockeral and David wants to build a small aviary for some finches, Canaries etc so I will probably raise a pair of quail in there too lol! I allways type lol coz I can't get the smilies in different places unless I type them:-)

We are learning basketry today :-)We like tolearn old craft skills eg:I spin wool ;-) it is something to do when the weather is bad and I can't get outside ! Stops me going stir crazy!!!!!! :-) Because I am pften led up for long periods of time I need things to do (otherwise I am not a nice person lol) BUT to top it off nicely my sodding fingers have become riddled with arthritis ???Its not on really is it?? Lol! I have a good cream for it tho so hey?

Right!! Take care hunny and keep looking forward to the walks with the girls xxxxx
  • Congratulations!!! Post pics as soon as possible!!! :) Way to go furry mama ;)
  • I cannot load pics guys which is annoying as I got loads on my phone!!
    My laptop died recently so just using phone ;-p
    I downloaded the photobucket app to post pics and it won't bloody work :-(
    They upload to facebook, myspace etc so wtf???
    Sorry guys!!
    Hugs + puppy licks x0x0
  • I share your computer frustration. As I can't sit at the computer yet I have to post from my phone. How are the babies? And you? Today is 5 weeks since surgery. It's not been a good pain day, but that's ok. At least the sun is shining brightly. It made it into the 50s so there is a hint of spring in the air. I walked out enough to see my hydrangeas are starting to leaf out and the spring bulbs are in full bloom. Tomorrow may bring snow showers & cold temps. Heavy rain is expected too. Yuck.
    Tomorrow I will have to go to a dinner I can't miss unless I am completely incapable of attending. I've begged out of all other social obligations, but this is different. My husband is a Colonel and there are times I must be Mrs. Colonel. I think I'll be able to dine, be seen and politely withdraw. There are places where I can lie down with some privacy if need be. My super absolute fallback is for our daughter to attend in my stead. Keith may think it's a hoot - she's gorgeous and others might think she is a trophy wife! I have no idea what to wear. Can't wear yoga pants! :n)
    I love it that you are a spinner! I'm an avid knitter. I'm also developing an interest in spinning - but I am overwhelmed with all the intricate instructions.
    Oh I've rattled on. Sorry. I hope you've had a good day and all is well with you & yours.
    Have a good night!
    Pat Gibson
    L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
    Now L4 Retrolisthisis
  • [( I absolutely refuse to speak with you again if appologise for rattling on :-) Pat I can talk a glass eye to sleep so please don't be concerned lol !

I am truly sorry you are in pain (don't know what time it is with you - keep meaning to look up the time differance) but here in drizzly Shropshire it is 10.40pm :-) by that I mean I hope its not too late to say hope ur day/night gets better :-)

Not a great fan of obligatory occaisions so I can understand u not wanting to go to this dinner when u are sore - I suppose its not too bad if u have opportunity to rest ?? Play it by ear I suppose lol

Trophy wife? That would cause some gossip wouldn't it? And so funny because u aLl know the situation lol Could u imagine if that did happen and then the 3 of u arrived at a function later on that the sAme people were at ?????????????????lol lots!!!! Not sure how the Colonel would find it tho?? Hee hee !!!!
    The pups are doing fine thanx hun and GOOD cover up on the "and you?" Very slick :-) didn't feel like an after thought at all lol !!!! ;-) Please anyone else reading it ......its a joke ok? The Lady is in pain and I am trying to get a guilt induced smile out of her !!!!!;-)
    Yoga pants at a military dinner?? Yeah would be awesome erm......no!! Its a bugger isn't it when u don't feel like going somewhere anyway and u know u have to lOok ur best:-( Nope I don't envy u that one hun :-(
    Spring in the garden is great isn't it?? All the new life starting fresh over for the year ? I sowed some sweetpea seeds the other day Its nice to know the good weather is coming - not going lol
    I am an ambitious beginner when it comes to knitting lol I had a bad case of single sock syndrome just this Winter !!! Wanted to knit sox from soom alpaca yarn that I had spun! Well? I completed 1 and thought sod it - not doing the other one lol at least my feet stopped growing years ago?? ;-) Spinning with a wheel is actually easier than knitting Hun ! It just seems tricky when u start - honestly a lady showed me how to do it I bought a 2nd hand wheel and sat there till I got it right!! Lol I had to make a cushion out of 4" foam with a cutout under my cocsis (how d'ya spell it ??);-) and I was away to go hee hEe!

I made my 1st willow basket today !! Its not finished yet as my hands got too sore so tomorrow maybe ? I want the right basket to collect the eggs in so I thought I'd give it a go? Well ya never know hun - it may even look like a basket ! ;-)

Sweetheart I truly hope ur pain goes away and I also hope u can go and enjoy urself tomorrow !!!!!!
    Good night pat x0x0 - sarah
  • Sarah
    You are 5 hours ahead of us, so it's 18:36 here.
    Thanks for the good-natured scolding - you did make me smile - a lot!
    I must confess I am a dog person. All my friends are accustomed to my asking after their dogs first, then them. I have very few friends who aren't dog people at some level. They have cats. And they ask me about my cat.
    I think knitting is a constant learning experience. I've knitted since childhood and I still struggle with patterns. I have a dear friend here (she teaches foreign languages - and grooms dogs) who is just learning to knit. She comes over for reassurance, tea & chatting. Such fun! She's also fascinated with alpacas and has talked about learning to spin. Something tells me we will be doing that.
    Still don't know what I'll wear tomorrow. I'll let you know what I come up with. With this brace, if I wear it under clothes, is like early pregnancy when nothing fits, but you don't want to buy anything that does. If I wear it over anything I look like a middle-aged albino mutant Ninja turtle.
    Hope you have a restful night -
    Pat Gibson
    L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
    Now L4 Retrolisthisis
  • Hi pat,
    Ill keep this short as the pregabaalin has kicked in and if I don't keep my mouth shut ..Well Ill only make an a*#e out of myself lmfo!! Now I remember why I never got into acid lol

I am sooooo glad u took whAt I said as a joke as forums are a bit tricky for reading people aren't they ;-?Saying that tho - I can be so deadpan that even "live"speaking can cause issues when strangers overhear clips of a conversation I'm havinglol

Thanx for the time zone info 5 hours eh? Really daft question time now ok? Do u alter ur clocks x2 per year if u do at least you won't think I am completely mad lol

In this induced state I have now got a picture of a heavily pregnant(coz that's when I had my brace)middle sged albino MNT!!! So...Thanx for that pat...I guess we are even now lmfo!!! Gotta go the keypads blurring - good luck 4 tomorrow hun Xxxxxxx
  • Yes - we set our clocks twice a year. Spring forward, Fall back. We just went to DST a couple of weeks ago. I'm in Virginia so I am in the east.
    Oh I have quite a sense of humor. Never fear!
    Glad your drowsy. Get some sleep. It's late - at least there.
    I'm watching a program on the royal wedding and remembering how gorgeous St. Paul's and Westminster are. I need to get back to the UK. It's been 5 years. Too long...

Pat Gibson
    L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
    Now L4 Retrolisthisis