Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello I'm new here, quit for 1 week cold turkey.

DC42DC42 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Stop Smoking
Hello everyone I just had to have my second back surgery in two years and was strongly advised to quit chewing tobacco for recovery purposes. I know a lot of you are like chew no big deal at least your not smoking but its just as hard. I had one in all the time because you can without people telling so I did and so was really used to having it always when I was awake. I quit before the first surgery cold turkey for 3 months then my back and leg got better so I was right back at it. This time I have a decaying gum line, a sore inside my lip, and two little boys telling me how gross it is and that they want me to quit so I don't die and still I couldn't quit until now. I know I need to so I have and I haven't had any chew in 7 days but things are calming down after surgery and I have been really craving one. I'm going to be tuff and do the right thing here and not go buy any but I guess I just needed to vent or brag on my achievements so far and get some support to continue on without it. If I can do it, trust me you can do it too. Thanks, Dane
p.s. Does anybody know when the cravings slow down, I know they never seemed to stop at all last time, but they did slow down. thanks

• Hey dane This is amanda and i wanted to say welcome to spine health! most here are really good at answering questions or just bein here for u to vent. First off CONGRATS ON QUITTING!!!!!I know it is very hard whether u dip or smoke. You have already been a week without it so u are ahead of the game!! I know ur boys are very proud of u also. Second u really need to get that sore checked cuz a friend of mine dipped and i dont know all the details but he ended up finding out he had cancer in his lip and lower jaw and he had to have his lower jaw removed and his lower lip and had reconstructive surgey to fix his face and he was only 42. I REALLY hope that is not the case with u but it is worth getting checked anyway. Please keep me informed on how the quitting is goin as well as your back. Take care and look forward to hearing from u!!