Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My jeans are too big!

patgibson93ppatgibson93 Posts: 67
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Good News
I am 5 weeks post-ALIF tomorrow and have been living in yoga pants & sweats. Today I decided I had had enough of that. I'm still in a brace and I have been wearing it under my clothes. Of course nothing but stretchy things will accomodate that. Anyway...
I put on a pair of jeans that had 'just fit' prior to my surgery and they are big! My brace works just fine with them so I am actually dressed in real people clothes. You men won't understand this, but any woman who has worn maternity clothes knows what I mean. It feels so good to put on clothes that don't have a stretchy waist and that have been worn to death.
Small thing - big happiness!
Pat Gibson
L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
Now L4 Retrolisthisis

• I can absolutely understand how good that feels! :D

I usually have the opposite problem.
  • I too was yoga pant queen after my alif. I remember slipping on my jeans for the first time post op WOW it felt "normal". Silly how something as small as wearing jeans can be such a pick me up. The cherry for you is they are loose too!
    I've lost about 12 pound since my surgery (7 months ago) not that I tried to drop weight as I am under weight already and trying to gain weight back.
    enjoy your jeans!
    hope the rest of your recovery goes well!