Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spammers - Argh!!!

Is it me, or does it seem that more so towards the END of the month the Spammers come out of the woodwork in droves? I can *almost* see if one is proposing spine help things, but subjects that any moron would know has nothing to do with this site? Argh!! Sorry, had to get that out....

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    I will never understand the mentality of people who enjoy their spam work. I feel sorry for people that like to cause that type of havoc.

I've noticed that almost every Monday morning we get a large share of spammers. And yes, at the end of the month they come out again.

Almost impossible to stop them, especially when you have open registration like we do here.

I site I am registered for, each post that goes in has to be approved by the admin folks before it hits the public environment. That keeps those spammed posts for popping out for everyone to see, but it causes the admin folks a bit of work. And the bad side of that, is the delay in every post from going out... The admin person told me that when you get enough spammers, you have to take some drastic measures.

I sure hope we never have to do something like that here.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • i am lucky to have a brother who teaches computers and came by on sunday and wow did i learn alot of tips if you want shoot me a me and i shall share....
    i've only gotten few from sh thats due only cause i'm on fb and i had those settings wrong also...
    Its been so long and i sure do miss chatting with you and many others...I hope things are ok for you and lets catch up soon please....
    hugs and grrr hate spammers also....but lots you can do...
    thank goodness ron and the team do great job deleting the ones that get in here...
    tc and ty sh team
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Ron,

I am beginning to think that some of the spammers are doing it for profit per post? It isn't so bad when they post one or two spams, but lordy, when there are 4 pages of the same crap holey cow!!

I figure it this way as for logic. If I didn't want to buy your product with one post, what makes you think if you slam a site over and over I will change my mind? Argh!!! Lol!

I'm on several restricted law enforcement sites, and you never see spam - all have to be verified as law enforcement (or retired) to post, and then you have to reconfirm your post before it is posted for all to see. On sites such as this, that approach wouldn't be practicable.

I'll just keep sending my love notes of "more spam" to ya I guess! :)

• Howdy Ms. Mary,

Yeah, spammers are a zit on the ole butt! (G) I use filters for email to keep a lot of it out, but some still gets through. I wonder sometimes if the sites rotate as I have gotten the same junk mail, but from different domains after I marked said sender as spam. Shrug!!

As for chat, I miss chatting with you as well. Each time I log on, the first thing I do is check chat, but haven't seen you...sniff. I will keep looking girlfriend!!! *HUG*