Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help- it will not let up

foster426ffoster426 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Chronic Pain

how do you deal with pain that will not go away. I have had 2 low back surgeries and an nero stim put in. I travel in sales from my job 2-4 days a week, which forces me to be a terriable husband and father because all i can do is sleep when i get home. I finally took time off of work after passing out after pulling the car over and passing out in a meeting from pain. My drs did a CT scan that is showing scar tissue that is narrowing the space, I also have a budging disk at l4. I am have lost at least 50-70% streagth in my left leg and i am tripping all the time. the pain is driving me nuts and I have no idea what to do. Can some one please give me some hope before i jump from the local tower.

• Hi Foster, I wish I had the answer for you. I went off on sick leave one day for surgery and a year later was still off. Then the next thing I know I had no job. I was lucky that I was able to draw disability retirement. I am in awe of you that you are still plucking along. I know it must be hard. I can't even imagine myself trying to any job well in the physical condition I am in now. I might look normal to people but inside my body is screaming with pain as you well are familiar with. Have you discussed all this with your Dr.? Does he realize all the problems you are having? What is he saying about it? Do you go to Pain Mgmt? If you are going to Pain Mgmt and are doing everything possible, have you thought about Disability? Have you discussed it with your Dr.? If I had my way I would have my old job back, along with my old life. Life would be grand. But.... My back happened. Foster, you can't keep going like this. You need to talk to your Dr. and if he doesn't listen then go talk to another Dr. who will. Hang in there.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are in so much pain.. and that it is affecting not only your job but your home life as well. unfortunutly that is only a few of the problems that come with chronic pain! perhaps it is time to file for disability?? it may be that working your job is just to much for your back!! have you spoken to your doctor about that? i do hope that posting here on the forum with others who feel as you do, will help you feel alittle better..please feel free to stop by anytime..something i do for pain is listen to music.. it really can help with the pain!! it can be a good time to have quiet time with your children as well.. something i am sure you need!! good luck to you.. Jenny :)
  • man i am so sorry do you have any meds be careful i passed out with and broke my all ready cracked back file for disb i can no longer do my job be careful driving and go to emergey room and get some help GOD bless
This discussion has been closed.