Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2nd Surgery and 26, Is this normal?

DC42DC42 Posts: 23
Hello I had a second micro at L5-S1 almost two weeks ago now and I was wondering if it worked. I had the same surgery almost two years ago for the same problem, herniated disc compressing S1 nerve root. My problem is after the first one my leg pain felt better the day after surgery and my back wasn't that sore. This time my back still hurts pretty bad its just stiff and sore but ok and I still have bad tingling and numbness and pain in my foot and ankle area. This time I went like 8 months before surgery and last time it was only like 2 weeks from herniation to surgery so do you think I have permenant nerve damage that is not going to get abny better? My dr, said he removed two more chunks and that I should feel better but I dont know. Is it normal to not feel better two weeks after surgery and could thinghs get better for me or is this as good as it gets. I havent started any pt yet not till 1 month he said but I have been walking for 20-30 minutes twice a day and at times I feel ok at best but never good. Thanks, Dane

• If the nerve was compressed for a long period of time, it is logical to expect some residual nerve damage, a level of which can vary. And, of course, you need more time after surgery to find out about your level of damage.