Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post Op PT

airborne72airborne72 Posts: 245
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:52 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Everyone:

I am successfully (to date) recovering from a PLIF at L4-S1 that was performed on 21 Jan 11. During my first post op consult (28 February) with the surgeon the xray should evidence of bone growth and he mentioned that he will most likely send me to physical therapy after the next evaluation. That appointment is next Monday (11 April).

My question to the list members is this - typically, what occurs during PT; how long are the sessions and how often; and what happens to your pain level after the sessions? I may be on the edge of convincing the surgeon that I can return to work, but I have no idea what awaits with PT and just how big "a hole it will poke" in my attempt to return to normalcy.

Hope everyone has a pain-free or a pain-managed day.
advertisement

Comments

• hi i am just recovering from the same op as you had my op on the 1st march

i went for my first consultation from the PT on the 23rd march they ask you questions about what op you had they have a covering letter from the surgeon or ant PT as the hosp you have seen then they work out a plan to help with strength etc
    They tell you what your allowed to do etc im not sure how long PT lasts first session was an hour but carry on for ?? weeks
    my next apt is this wed 6th ... although my PT's and suegeon at the hosp forgot to send any follow up care for them to go on so i hope yours have done that
    I have not seen my surgeon and dont see him till the 15 june

hope your having a good recovery

H
  • Hi jim i had alif at l4/l5 so mine ws a lil diff than yours and they might do diffent things each person is diferent i go to pt 2 x's a week for 30 min each session ride the stationary bike and i do a few lunges than i do 10 whole body presses than i do hip lifts they call a 3-and 9 and than i do a clam stretch and than my pt person stretches me out but each person is diff! the pain at 1 st is bad not gonna lie i was like ok not going back but i want my life back even a lil bit so ill do what i have to do and each time it gets less painful i do nothing the day of pt i come home and rest best of luck