Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ADR Questions

ADRSeekerADRSeeker Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:52 AM in New Member Introductions
My neck is in bad shape with C 5-6 being the worst. Like many of you I received conflicted information from doctors. When this problem started I had a herniation at 5-6 but today it had progressed. I was told about 3 years ago that I had too many levels. A year ago I was offered other options. One was called radio frequency ablation but I declined due to the dangers and poor outcomes. The other option was a 5-6 fusion but I declined that for the same reasons as spinal fusion is a double edged sword.

I prefer a better solution but unfortunately that solution is not available in the US. I am trying to get honest info on mesenchymal stem cells. There are MDs treating disk with them but I can't find any info on outcomes.

As to ADR: The surgeon me that the old style ADRs available in the US over rotate and offer no shock absorbing like real disks and the new ADRs such as the M6 and the Neo Disk.

If I have anything done it will be a new style ADR that acts like a real disk but sadly the US lags behind the industrialized world. That's the politically correct explanation. My crazy brain is telling me that the new ADRs work to well. Call me paranoid. I don't care but when you suffer you get a little crazy.

If I could get it I would opt for the Neo Disk over the M6 because the Neo Disk requires less specialized training and can be implanted by a surgeon who is used to doing the fusions "the gold standard" LOL!

I wrote this for two reasons.

1. Any info on how I can get a new generation ADR would be appreciated.

2. It angers, frustrates but doesn't surprise me that this medical technology in not available to Americans on American soil. To me it's a matter of simple human rights. The M6 and the Neo Disk both have the CE Mark which means they pass the EU's regulatory muster so they are safe and effective and should be fast tracked.

A. IT'S MY BODY! If I want a surgeon to implant this disk and he wants to do it based on his medical judgement and my faith in his judgement only an evil entity would prevent that.

I bet there are many people here who could benefit from this wonderful technology. I bet there are many caring surgeons (sure many are greedy money grubbers but the majority are not) who want to provide this for their suffering patients.

I have contemplated suicide as I am sure some of you have and if in a weak moment I do it it is because Uncle Sam/Big Brother/the FDA loaded the gun and put it in my hand. I'm not ready to give up yet but I can't take much more of this suffering.

I am one of many Americans who is suffering due to "red tape" I ask that if you are reading this you will advocate for the swift approval of this proven medical technology.

We were not put on earth only to suffer but when you suffer for a long time you look at life in clearer and simpler terms such as "if you are not for me then you are against me." Maybe it really is that simple.

In a later post I would like to toss out some ideas on how to get the new ADRs in the US.

advertisement