Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve pain better, so mechanical pain worse

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Chronic Pain
My nerve pain has been better with this Lyrica, despite the side effects. :)))
So like many have told me, I've caused more mechanical pain by doing physical things that I know I can't do without paying the price!
The severe winter we've had here in the Ca. mountains. Left me with quite a bit of clean up over and above the normal. So I've hired my grandson to do the heavy stuff. But I've never been able to just watch. I have to get in there and do my fair share for a guy with a bad back. I should be able to do a little right? Right, but not without a lot of pain. I didn't do anything heavy. Just running the chain saw Bending and twisting and just simple physical movements that I've not been able to do for years. Just getting some good exercise and bonding with my grandson. He told me not to do it. My wife told me. And I knew better in the back of my mind. But I just don't learn. X(
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• I do the same, We do it so we feel somewhat productive no mater how much it hurts after,, We got blasted with snow this winter also in chicago and someone has to run the snowblower to be able to get out with the car, Of course we will never learn, Its either that or just roll over and die. I use to always question why some old people were always working in the yard or garden at there age.

Now i realise if they dont they have nothing else to keep them feeling alive. And they live much longer then who just give up to there pain,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Sorry to hear about your mechanical pain and don't forget to ice for 15-20 minutes a few times a day for 2 days then alternate heat. It may have been a good bonding time but sorry you have to go through so much pain now. Good to hear Lyrica is working for you though. Take it easy. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • i can relate to that cant watch either and miss being able to work.i had alif l4-l5 and l3 needs some work also.my left leg and foot kills me also.when i set my butt feels like a deep bruise,and my right foot stays ice cold also.going back 14 see what the docor say's or if i have ant option's,plus not sleeping at 3 to 4 hours if lucky.gl to both of you on your recovery..
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry you've been having a rough time. Hopefully by now the muscles and everything are settling down. I know how easy it is to do to much.

I hope you're feeling much better and hope you're taking it easy for a while. Take care

• I find my EMS unit helps "better" many times than Oxy when I overdue thanks to Lyrica. Mechanical pain can be almost worse at times I think. I'm sitting here now with my back rolled out trying to read and post. Off to bed soon - yep, giving in! (G)

Another reason why I love my dual unit!! (TENS/EMS) Nerves & muscles relief!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.