Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve root block

astoddartaastoddart Posts: 1
Having had slight backache for 3 months which progressively got worse I went to the doctors in Oct 2010 about bad sciatica in my left leg after lots of pills (Tramadol,Amiltryptiline,Dyclphenic) you name it he gave me it none of which worked. Eventually I had a mri in Feb 2011 L5/S1 petrusion which is pushing against nerve in back was put on pregabalin(Lyrica)which worked to a point at least it relieved some pain, i have been off work since early Feb as i cant drive with the pain.. anyway ive just had a nerve block injection on friday but nothing has happened there is no more pain relief! so still cannot go back to work and it now looks like the only option is an operation as my consultant said he would only give me one injection... im worried! I cant even walk to the shops i feel like a prisoner still in pain and totally depressed i have never been off work before for anything.

• hi i know how you feel >:D< , am due to go back drs tomorrow after 7 weeks of pain 3 weeks of painkillers and 2 weeks the dr was on holiday :jawdrop: ,still no better infact seems to be getting worse :''( . dr told me he would arrange a scan when my pain has eased of and thats just not happening. I too am getting really depressed can barely drive and cant stand for more than ten mins before it all kicks in again . hope there is light at the end of the tunnel :)
  • My heart goes out to you...I know exactly how and what you're going thru and feeling, when nothing works. My advice would be to find the "BEST" neurosurgeon you can afford...and go thru the process of surgery
  • In March after failed fusion in Aug 2010 and too many epidural injections to count! Nerve pain & radiculapathy with sciatica.
    Well I placed high hopes in the SNRB and at day 5 I felt good! Day 6 even better! Short lived though by the end of the 6th night same old pain. :-( through me some serious depression. NS will not repeat says no sense.

I really hope you find pain relief. I've been out of work since my surgery 8/42/10 and its so hard! Keep the faith.