Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bad News that gave me the blues ...

MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,617
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:52 AM in Spinal Injections
Well today I saw my PM and had my second of two suggested Cervical ESI's ... The first was at the C4 - 5 level and was several weeks ago.

When the doctor injected the 80mg's of depo-medrol I could feel it flow down my spine on the right side and giving me some immeadiate relief ... it never felt like it infiltrated to the left side (my worse side) and unfortunately this relief only lasted 3-4 days.

At todays injection, he targeted the C5-6 level and unfortunately I felt nuttin. This was directly at the level of my hardware and he ran into significant amounts of scar tissue and hardware ... so number two and final was a bust.

All levels aside, the major cervical issue still remains with an anterior herniation and posterior osteophyte or hypertrophic ligament at C3-4 that has been getting progressively worse over the past 6 years and was not addressed in any of my past 6 cervical surgical sessions. The C3-C4 "pinch" above all my hardware is getting worse with no immediate plan.

On the other end .... my herniated L3-L4 L4-L5 seems to be acting up giving my left leg, hip, butt, shin, and foot a run for their money - I've learned to love and depend on my cane.

And for any of you Dave fans out there ... My SSD hearing IS the 26th of this month. Please mark it on your calenders and send good karma my way, on that day (if you would be so kind - as I know you are).

Warmest Regards to all,

d
Spine-Health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
My Story  - Click below
http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
advertisement

Comments

• Oh Dave, it seemed so promising at the start. Is your Dr going to try the ESI's in your lumbar? Maybe they could help with that part of your spine. I am a Dave fan, and I will do my best to send you good karma!!
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    I'm sorry your injections didn't give you better relief. But I hope you get better results with SSD on the 26. Sending some good vibes your way!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Dave,

For sure I'll send positive energy - good karma - wishing thoughts your way!!!!

Sorry the shots didn't help much. I've had them for my neck and shoulder, and neither did anything for me either. It does sound like your PM is engaging, and caring, so that has to be a good feeling!!

Fingers crossed for your hearing my friend. Big support *HUGZ* as always!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,617
    Thanks for the support Jim, Brenda, and Snook!

I really apreciate knowing that there are people out there pulling ... hoping .... and praying for a good outcome to this now 6+ year journey.

You guyz are the best - North, South, East, and West!!

Regards,

d
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • Definitely sending positive karma your way to kick some SSDI butt!
    On your lumbar issues, just a thought as it had in the past work for me, pre lumbar fusion, is a caudal epidural injection,seeing you have multiple levels that are problematic. They go in at the top of your butt crack and carefully thread the needle up through sacrum and if lucky can bathe majority of lumbar in one injection. Mine were done sedated on this cool table that tilts so that the can irrigate the meds where they need to go.
    Wishing you all the best!

V
  • No need for thanks, or to ask. You're good people Dave. Always here for ya darlin!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • the ESI"s were a no go for you, that is upsetting, and that dreaded progression of C3-C4,

i hope that the progression is so slow , it will not become problamatic

will send you positive energy thoughts for a successfull sdd
    take care
    flower
  • Sorry dude injection did not work'If it worked for a few days at the other level before, maybe they can do a nerve burn posibly on that level maybe no?Wonder if that would work. I cant remember if you had that done yet or not. I am sure ssdi hearing will go fine. If not then we will gather the leather jacket spiney club together and roll down there in our harley wheelchair and bust the place up.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
    that would be Alex!! .... A bunch of leather jacketed spineys in wheelchairs ... with modified Harley engines of course ..... We'd be "angry little rascals in our hoverrounds on a mission" I can see it now !!!!

Smiles d

Spine-Health Moderator
    My Story  - Click below
    Only had one lumbar .... so that ist still a possibility. My F/U (follow up) with my PM is in the 27th. (The day after my hearing) so I'm hoping I'll have some go news to share with him. He did an excellent job of reviewing my neck and new Lumbar issues ans flat out stated in his records that "these are disabiling conditions" "will not improve" and have caused "permentant disabilites" ---Fairly strong evidence from a PM who also is a board certified Neurologist.

Thank you for your kind thoughts as always, Now just playing the last hand in the Waiting game.

Most warmest regards to my Canadian flower.

d
    Spine-Health Moderator
    My Story  - Click below
advertisement