Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Si pain?

dakoopddakoop Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:52 AM in Lower Back Pain
I am about five months out from my fusion and my pain is nearly as bad as before getting sliced open. Most of my pain is and always have been lower right. I have been told it is si joint but I am starting to wonder.
The pain is lower right but I feel a lot of pain and discomfort in the side and sometmes the front of the hip. Pain in my back also seems to be above the top of my crack. Searhing google this pain doesn't fit si. So I come to those with experience.
I had a post op pain injection in my si but only got a few days of relief.
I'm kinda stuck because I can't do chiropractor because I am still fusing.
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't had surgery but I've had SI joint problems and got nerve blocks in my hip and shots in the SI joints in the lower back and butt. I never realized my hip was so sore until the pain management Dr. grabbed my hip and it was so painful and the nerve blocks helped for a while as well as my nerve pain meds like Cymbalta and Lyrica. I have tightness in my hip and and my thigh area also. What does your Surgeon suggest you do for this? Does he want you to see a Pain Management Dr. or does he say it's still early in your healing process and wonder if you've done any Physiotherapy yet. Well I hope someone else who's had surgery can relate to what you're going through. I hope the Dr. finds the right treatment plan for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sounds kinda like what I felt, except I also felt pain in my groining. I thought it was my hip. X-ray of hip came back good. PT thinks it is my SI joint, and so do I. What is making it hurt, we don't know yet. When I started complaining of hip pain, Doc thought possibly scar tissue from my fusion. PT seems to think possible scar tissue too. What is the next step? Idon't know yet. Insurance company slows every thing down.

Stick Sacroiliac Joint in the blue search box above and see what you come up with. There is also a Sacroiliac Joint section on this site.

Good luck with finding an answer! I hope you find one and real soon! I hate pain too! It drives me crazy! :''( :)
  • It radiates all over, unfortunately. I'm in the middle of a nasty flare-up of everything, and my SI joint pain is also affecting my low back, butt, hip and groin area. The best relief I've had is after rhizotomies, which obviously isn't an option for you at this point.

Hope you can get some relief soon.

Tracy
  • My family and I got hit by a drunk driver were my grandmother and aunt on my mom's side were killed. My cousin broke his collar bone, I was crushed in the car that was wrapped around a telephone pole. My pelvis was crushed, I also broke the Ilium right at the SI joint. I have a spot going down the side of my right leg that has been numb ever since. I am also having the same pain that you are describing but the doctor told me it was Labial tear. The cartilage that the ball of your hip sits in. Does it hurt to go from a sitting to standing when you put weight on it? I have to stand slowly. You might want to look into it. Good luck!!!!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.