Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Prescription Assistance/Discounts

queenjillybeanqqueenjillybean Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Pain Medications
I saw several posts recently in regards to patients struggling to pay exorbitant prices for pain meds. For 8 months of 2010, i was forced to pay cash for my pain meds due to a huge disaster with my insurance (LONG CRAZY STORY), but i had to switch carriers, and there was a gap in my coverage which forced me to have a waiting period when the new coverage started that would not cover my pain meds. The retail price for my meds was over $1000 per month, and i researched like a mad woman for any discount(s) i could find. I DID come across a few that were EXTREMELY helpful, FREE, and a better discount than the ones offered by the pharmacies at a cost.
First, my Dr gave me a drug discount card for Oxycontin that saved me $75 off each Rx, and then i went on RxAssist, and registered for a discount card that was instant and free- you just print and keep with you like a regular insurance card, and it covers the whole family. You can price your meds and it tells you all the pharmacies in the area and the prices with a prescription pricing tool on the site. I managed to save over $400 a month on the $1000 retail price for oxycontin and percocet until my waiting period ended. I know that for many, $600 a month is STILL unmanageable, but regardless of the price and the medicines, the discount is well worth it for anyone who is looking for some relief. I also found another similar program that is offered by a group of drug companies, and it is called TogetherRx, and my daughter needed antibiotics during that time, and got them for $10 after using the card- they were $240 before the discount. If anyone needs specific links, please feel free to PM me, as i will be happy to send your way.

• I use alldaychemist they dont have narcodics but all other meds are cheap,wallmart $300 per month,alldaychemist-is $145. for year supply
    Rick ncpa
  • i read part of the drug list for togetherrx today and they give 40% off duragesic patches and avinza- there are other specific drugs listed- but those 2 jumped out at me- as well as having direct links to $30 off coupons in ADDITIONto the % off from the drug company for Avinza... the $30 off is applicable for co-pays as well...
    and again, rxassist is across the board a discount for all meds generic or name brand- savings is confirmed more than the club cards at cvs and walgreens... and is accepted everywhere... just from the few months i was forced to shell out amounts more than many mortgage payments for my meds, it made me sick to my stomach each month... i hope that people who need assistance see this and use the resources...