Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new to forums, new mri, surgery?

schmicasschmica Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Spinal Stenosis
so i have problems with sciatica weakness incontinence occasionally you name it i probably experience it. I just had updated mri neurosurgeon says fusion+ has anyone else had this problem what has helped and what didnt mri says
l3-4 minimal disc bulge
L4-5 previous laminectomy mild facet arthropathy annular fissure and mild disc desiccation
L5-S1 grade 1 anterolisthesis bilateral pard defects moderate disc height loss post L5 lamenectomy moderately severe bilateral neural foraminal stenosis contact of exiting L5 nerve root bilaterally so i kinda understand some of this but am nervous to have L4 did it help anyone did it make yours worse i have tried injections and medications with no relief i am 35 yrs old and have had problems since i was young but not to severe until i was in my 20s thanks for reading this

• hard to say sounds like they would want to fuse l4 and l5 your 35 years old ,might be easy fix now and not later if you have constent pain in your legs and feet or in just 1 side?sounds like l5 herniated,if l5 not herniated shots and steroids might help.and do no heavy lifting.i had l4 and l5 fused jan 4 2011.3 half months post op,my legs dont feel real heavy,and no groin pain,how ever now from my knee down on my left leg and foot is killin me again,and now have a cold right foot,with not much pain at all in it,and hurt in my hips setting ,or standing on hard floors with no shoes on it start's killing me in my lower back,and down my left leg,man i feel for you surley the doctor will tell you options,but if you have surgery ,its not as bad as you hear or read .with pain pump and what they give you by mouth every 2 hours you want be in any pain,i was scared to death and had it .wish ide done it long time ago.but good luck keep us posted
  • here is my finding's..multiple schmorl's nodes are present at the inferior endplate of t11 and t12,disc desiccation at l2-l3 and l4-l5.tarloc cyst is noted on right at s1,measuring 2.7 cm in long axis.l2-l3 mild disc bulge and bilateral facet hypertrophy.mild stenosis of the left neural foramen. L3-L4 Mild diffuse disc bulge and bilateral facet hypertrophy.mild stenois of the central canal and bilateral neural foramina.L4-L5 posterior central disk protrusion .endplate osteophytes and bilateral facet osteoarthritis. moderate stenios of the central canal to an AP diameter of 7mm. L5-S1 l5 is transitional vertebra and partly fused with secrum on the right.degenerative disk disease of the lumbar spine with back.l4 -l5 severe,bilateral.secondary to disk bulge.that report is 2 years ago and had surgery jan4 2011.2 years later nerve damge from waiting ,because my foraman didnt make a injurey report.so dont wait and i alif through the tummy fused l4 and l5 and l3 is damged also ,and doctor told my wife i had 1 of the worse bone mass on my spine he ever seen where it tried to heal it self.which crushed my nerves.so dont mess around thats why i say maybe easy fix now ,and not 2 to 3 years down the road,,good luck to ya and good health
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am glad you are under a doctor's care especially experiencing urinary problems..that is something you really need to have taken a look at!! i am sorry nothing has helped you with the pain so far.. it can be very frustrating and disappointing to never have relief!! if surgery is the answer for you, please be sure and get a second opinion.. the more information you get, the better for your outcome!! good luck to you!! stop by the forum anytime.. it can be a great friend during recovery! the forum can also offers you all kinds of information about the different surgical procdures and what you might need for aftercare... Jenny :)
  • ty for your comments i guess im mostly worried about a fusion failing your comments are helpful if it stops the majority of symptoms that's fine by me :) most days i cant leave home and i just wish another procedure is available has any one gone lumbar fusion recovery alone i have four children and am worried about taking care of everything. also had anyone had rods and screws placed and if so does it cause you any problems with pain or stiffness? thanks again for replying it really helps to have support and talk to others who have (or still are) been there
  • schmica sorry to hear you are going to have to do this alone,
    you will be slow going for the first month and sore
    but with the pain meds you be fine no bending or twisting or lifting,is any of your kids big enough to help with the other 3 because you want be able to jump up and run them?
    when do you find out if there doing surgery and what procedure there doing?
    i hope the best for you i had a cage 4 screws and plate.
    which ive got atleast 1 or 2 more surgerys to go through i got this thursday 14 .see what when and all that,but i dont think any surgerys in this year
    i hope not atleast im 3 half months post-op still recovery and sore.any more questions ill be glad to answer ,good health to you..ray
  • they are doing a fusion of L4 to S1 on the 4th of may with hip bone, rods and screws (from the back). I am hopeful that it will help. I am wondering how the recovery was for others. I only have one small child the others are all teenagers and i understand everyone is different but it would be nice to kinda know what i will be able to do at different times in recovery so i can kinda plan what to do with little one and make other necessary arrangements what could you do 1st week 2nd week first month etc thank you all again for your responses it has been so helpful