Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HAMesmerHHAMesmer Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is Helenann. I have been MRI diagnosed with the following:
T2-T3/T6-T7/T7-T8/T8-T9 = herniated with stenosis,and T7-T8 is abutting the anterior cord; T8-T9 is slightly indenting and displacing the cord to the right.
C5-C7=moderate disc protrusions
T11-T12=mild disc protrusion.

I am seeing the back surgeon in early May. I am just here looking for positive feedback on a scary situation. I am a professor, 40 years old and a single mom of a elementary aged daughter. I am trying my hardest to be strong for her (and me). I go to work everyday, and walk everyday. I am also now able to get to a pool and swim (heavenly!).
Just looking for support :)
Blessings to you and your back!

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    This is the best site re' articles..info..re' whatever you're going through. And everyone here seems to really understand pain. That alone helps me get through the day...since most people in my life don't get it.
    I have never had back surgery..so I have nothing to offer you there.
    But as you read through the forums and articles, I think you'll find some of what you're looking for.
    Take care and keep in touch.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• :)
    Not sure Im going to do surgery. I won't unless the threat of paralysis is eminent.
    Have a great day. Here's to a moment where we think, "*gasp* I don't feel pain!"
  • Welcome to SH :H I think you're handling this situation very well and staying strong is all you can do while dealing with the pain and uncertainty. I know you will find this site very helpful and make many friends who relate to what you are going through. Deciding to have spine surgery is not easy; I had a couple and I went through it b/c the pain had deeply affected my quality of life. My problem is lumbar however so I can't say much about cervical pain but all I know is that both hurt like heck. Take care and hang in there
  • Welcome HAMesmer, I have had my C4-C5-C6 and C7 fused because of the threat of paralysis. I didn't have a choice with this surgery. Once they did the MRI I was in surgery the next week, that is how bad my situation was. I still have daily pain in my right arm, shoulder and neck, but at least I am not paralyzed. I hope your situation is not as bad as mine. Good luck and keep us informed on how you are doing.
  • Hi & welcome :wave:

I will look forward to getting to know you even if I am super jealous because you have a pool !! lol ;)

I love to swim!!!!!!

I am right where you are with the decision of surgery. We each have to make our own choices :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. know you are not alone now that you have joined SH..i am sorry for your pain and being alone with it!! swimming is such a great way to stregthen your back and get pain relief at the same time.. you are doing alot of good things for your back! good luck to you! stop by the forum anytime! Jenny :)
  • Hi Helenann

Welcome to our forum and do enjoy being here.

Keep an open mind when you see your surgeon - he may be able to help reduce your pain. In the meantime, enjoy the pool and getting out in the fresh air for walks.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008