Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tailbone pain

mictimmmictim Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Lower Back Pain
hello, i have had coccydynia or tailbone paain for 4 yrs asnd have tried everything pt ice chiropractor and multiple injections ! i am going to see a surgeon anout possible removeal oc coccyx !! has anyone had surgery for this ? i would like to know how it was and did it work ?

• Please be patient. You started two posts one minute apart, but it takes people time to read/answer your post and there are many, many members here at spine-health.
    Someone with your same issue will read this soon and answer in due time. Until then here is some info;
  • I must have hit the aend button twice by mistake !!
  • I had tail bone pain too, felt like I was sitting on pins and needles. I had surgery, but I had a fusion of L5-S1. They didn't remove my tailbone. The fusion helped though.

What happened to your tailbone to make it hurt?
    I hope that what ever you do, it helps your pain!

welcome :)
  • I too, suffer from extreme tailbone pain, as well as lumbar pain. Not sure if the tailbone pain is related to lumbar. Do you have low back trouble as well?
    Wishing you all the best!
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I've had fusion surgery (July 2010) and since then have developed awful pain after I've been sitting and when I'm just about to get up. It takes my breadth away sometimes.

Not sure why I get it - I've asked, but haven't actually received an answer. I wonder if since having the fusion surgery my spine dynamics have been moved and therefore this is why I get pain when I sit down. I dunno.

When I was in hospital having the fusion, there was a very young lady opposite me who was having her coccyx removed (or the last part of it, I'm not sure). Anyway, she explained to me that she's had pain for about 4 years (like you) and couldn't sit down on a hard chair in all that time because of the pain - she had to take a thick, handmade ring cushion with her wherever she went. I don't know how she got on as I left hospital the same day she had her operation. I just thought I'd mention it to let you know that, possibly as a last resort, there might be surgical procedures that can help, but of course, I don't know if you have the same problem or not.

I hope your surgeon can reassure you.
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • I stumbled upon this chair called The Carmichael Throne EDIT. This is the #1 most ingenious ideas I have ever seen, Or felt. The unique channel down the center of the chair relieves stress from sitting all day and from overexposure and negative tailbone pressure. Before I found this, it always felt like i was sitting on a tennis ball but after sitting in this chair for a couple of weeks that feeling is completely gone. I recommend this chair for anyone with tailbone issues. It will allow you to sit again comfortably.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Liz
This discussion has been closed.