Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm one of "those" people now....

tracibennttracibenn Posts: 95
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I can predict the weather changes by the aches and pains in my body. Cold wet weather is moving in and man oh man can I ever tell! I always chuckled at people that said they could predict changes by the way their body feels. Now I'm one of them. I looked up how/why this happens and its quite interesting. (for those that don't know) apparently the changes in atmospheric pressure with weather systems can actually dilate blood vessels in the body which stimulates nerve endings in sensitive areas. Well, totally explains my achy knees and back! Oye, does this mean I'm getting old? 2 weeks and I'll be 34 : (

• Hey, you are a child... :P I am 50 and have been a weather-girl for over two decades now. Not only can I tell you when it will rain, but I can tell you how long it will last, and that is generally about 10-24 hrs before I am mobile again. Welcome to the club!!
  • Traci,

Echo, echo, echo - you're still a young pup! Almost 50 here. (G)

Living in hurricane country, the ouchies increase tells me along with what I feel the storm track will take - whether to get out of Dodge! Other times of the year, it's a drag! Welcome to the human weather detector club!!! *Chuckle* 34...hehehe

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • ditto! lol This is my last year in my 40's :(

There is a good thread about us weather gal and guys over at:

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I'm a walking weather Radar too. I told my Hubby the other day when the Weatherman said would rain, that it wouldn't and he laughed at me.

I was Right though, but Boy the rain they are calling for Tomorrow morning is gonna hi hard, both in my Nerve Endings and in weather terms. ;)

So yes we are all One of those People.

"Rolls Eyes and Giggles"
  • Thanks for sharing the biological reason for the sensation. I have always wondered. Being a meteorologist is a plus I had forgotten about. I live on the gulf coast. We can do away with the hurricane center now. I will the do the job for a lot less money.
  • Being old in inevitable, but getting some pains or hurt feeling from the body can be avoided. At your age, you are still too young to feel some pain. You must know that by consulting a doctor before its too late.
  • How about me kenny, am I too young as well... 8>