Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

took a dive

t9crushedtt9crushed Posts: 118
On Sunday I got an unusual burst of energy and decided to get some wood out of the basement. I get an armload of logs and go up the steps and as I reach the tops step and start stepping over the concrete curb at the top, the wood step breaks and collapses out from under me! Luckily (it coulda been a lot worse) I fell on the curb on one butt cheek with one leg outside and one down the new hole.

It really jarred me up though and even seemed to give me a headache in the temples, maybe blood pressure rise? Anyway, the worst part was the logs in one arm smashing into my other arm and hand. First I thought maybe my arm was broken but that was fine,just a bruise. Got a tiny cut on my thumb even though I had heavy leather gloves on and my thumb took the worst hit. Swelled up and turned colors and felt numb. But difinitely not as painful as when I broke a finger about 5 years ago.

I thought at first it might be cracked but it got better each day until yesterday when the pain seemed to get worse for no apparent reason.I can bend it and apply pressure to it and the swelling went down quickly so I don't think it's broke. The injury area is between the first and second knuckles and it turned yellow there after the first day.

The strange part is it hurt worse yesterday and again today and now there is a red area past the injury spot on the third bone almost to the wrist. not swollen or painful, just red?

Oh well, I know you are not doctors and even if you were you couldn't diagnose me thru the net. I'm just wondering why this new spot is turning red 5 days after my wreck.

• Wifey took a look at my new bruise and thinks it's just part of the original smash or from the swelling. no worse today. I think I was suffering from "home alone Syndrome".

nothing to see here ;))
  • Sorry to hear and but I would get it checked out and take off any rings if you wear one. Also make sure your tetnus shot has been in the past 10 years since you cut yourself. Ice it and elevate your arm on a few pillows when you're sleeping and sitting to take the swelling down that is if it isn't broken but if it were me I would go to the Urgent Care and get checked out and maybe they'll end up just putting a tensor on but a little concerned about the redness. Hope you're alright it could have been worse. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN