Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

gum disease and pain thru out body

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Alternative Treatments
hi ya spineys,
just wondering if anyone else has or had gum issues,teeth issues..
i found a great dentist after over most of my life (not saying age )but good 30 plus..i've been ripped off...teeth pulled..pain pain and more pain..

this dentist is treating my gums first before impants or taking care of my teeth...last guy put in a(2,000) implant and she said the tooth was not even really so it fell out...
okay sorry to my topic she had long talk with me and ask about my other issues...clearly she could see i was in pain...
and she told me if your gums are infected, you sure could have had bad bacteria going into blood stream for years..and sure could be causing a lot of my issues ..
i know after few things she's done thus far my mouth doesnt feel any pain can't wait to finish .....long road but
has anyone else read any good articles about this...i googled it sure...but just wondering..
if anyone with fibro or arthritis has heard this??
only other person is my oral surgeon
but when i bring up to my many many docs they look at me and dont say much....

my neuro says i puzzle him i said well you all don't help me i have to keep searching for relief and answers...
now after every test i still dont get answers about my numbness in feet and the pain in legs....i've been told yes neurapathy in legs and fibro....

its hard when we pay for docs to help us and they dont know how
so i'm not giving up perhaps my gums are the answer of not but gotta keep trying
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.

• Mary,

If you had bacteria going into your body it would come up on blood test with your white blood cell count being high. Years back in my 20's I had gone to the dentist and ended up with a infection in my heart wall. I eventually went through some testing for my heart and was found to have a mitro valve prolapse. I see my cardiologist every three years where they check the rate of leakage. Whenever I have any procedure done by the dentist or any surgery we always do a round of antibiotic's prior to the procedure. Now the infection, in my heart wall, the pain was pretty severe and came on suddenly. My primary at the time found it rather easy as he was specializing in cardiac. He asked a few medical questions on my health, things I had blown off as to much stress and he sent me for testing.

The new literature out suggest that the antibiotics don't need to be given but sense I have had the infection already they have to give me the antibiotics.

If they think their is bacteria in your blood i am surprised they would do any more work without first running blood work, and taking any risk. I am sure that is the bacteria your other doctors would be thinking about as well.
  • Sorry to hear your implant fell out! They are so expensive. But did your Dentist. give you special mouthwash to use? My Dentist gave me a bottle when I got my new bridge and because my gums were irritated more than one time. I ended up getting a prescription from the Dentist for antibiotics and same like Tammie I do have Mitral valve prolapse but it was because my throat was red.
    Anyway, have you been to a Rheumatologist? As they can run blood tests including blood cultures to see if you have bacteria in your bloodstream and actually your primary Dr. could run these but it would be good if your Dentist could let your Dr. know what she's thinking. TC. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN