Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The injustice of chronic pain

hoochhooch Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Matters of the Heart
Anyone felt that?

Probably more at the start of it, where you are young, have worked hard and in good faith, and everything is (slowly) taken away. Now you have to work hard, so much harder than people who do not suffer disabling pain, and your reward seems to be loss, grief, stigma and eventually financial ruin.

I never told anyone about my pain, what it was doing to me. I just took it, and the more it hurt, the harder I went. When it finished me I left town, didnt tell anyone. The medical system denied my pain. I attempted to rehab it myself. It'd be nice to think if I'd been more honest or forthcoming about my pain, people would've been supportive.. but this wasn't the reality. Still isn't.

I am very fortunate. I got access to an op (fusion + adr) and I took it. I am a lot better and still improving. I won't have to endure that chaotic level of pain that I did for so long. I am hopeful I can get better still and have a high degree of normal function, and I have reason to think I will still improve over the months.

Sometimes it is just hard to fathom the horror of it all, and what it does to your head.

The only way I can really describe severe chronic pain: it takes no prisoners.

• It sounds like things are looking up for you, which is fantastic.

I hope you'll get to the point where you can share your pain; nobody can "fix" it, but just to be able to vent is a good thing. Take care, and all the best to you; I hope this is the beginning of positive changes for you.

• You just keep on getting better and better. At least you have that to look forward too instead of getting worse and worse as you get older right...