Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Meeting with spine surgeon about ACDF c6-7 scheduled in two weeks. What kinds of questions should I

cosmicsuzy1212ccosmicsuzy1212 Posts: 36
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just wondering if anyone has a list of questions to ask the surgeon this week...

I have some ideas, but I am looking to the experts (you) who have already been there.

"My Blood Type is Be Positive"

• Look at the top of the page and click on the FAQ section. There is a link of to a list of questions to ask a spine surgeon. Some of them may not apply to you as a cervical patient or some you might have the answers to already.

The basic questions are time of recovery, need for brace, type of bone grafting material, success he has with his fusion rates using whatever bone grafting material he/she is using. Do you have any other levels that might fall victim to adjacent disc disease?

The list should help you with the most of the questions.
  • Thank you for the direction! I appreciate it!!

"My Blood Type is Be Positive"

• I had a ACDF from C5-C6 and the surgery failed, it caused a swan-neck deformaty and the screws were actually backing out, so I now have a ACDF from C4-C7 so ask what happens if it doesnt take bc the 2nd surgery was the most painful thing I ever went through I wish you the best of luck, God bless