Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new pain, brought to you by T7-T8... Help!

kazmistress28kkazmistress28 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
So I started my new job two days ago...

My thoracic area has been sore on and off for about a month now, and I get a weekly adjustment from a chiropracter on my cervical and thoracic area (lumbar has a dual fusion that he will not touch). Every week it pops and it is ok. Last weekend he could not pop it. It has been bugging me more and more. Today at work I felt like I was being stabbed in between my shoulder blades and having gallbladder pain and bad gas pains and constipation. I went to the chiro to see what it was about. He says my T7-T8 is twisted and I have edema in the area. I asked him what he thought it was. He said to take a muscle relaxer and see if that eases it. If so, then it is muscular tightening that is causing it to turn. OTherwise, I am totally S%&^ out of luck. I just started this new job 2 DAYS AGO! I can't go taking off time right away to see my orthopedic who only has hours during the week. What the heck am I gonna do? I am so drained and close to tears it is sickening. I hate to take painkillers at work, but that is probably what is going to happen. Anyone had this problem?

• I am so very sorry this is happening to you :hug:

Are you doing anything at work that you usually don't do? Like lifting, bending and such.

I have all my issues at the other end of the spine lol so I don't have much knowledge and can't help you - sorry :(

PS: But I can and I did say a prayer for you ;)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I feel your pain "literally". I have been in a flare for 3-4 days. I am taking meds around the clock mr included.

Do you have any of the lidocane patches? They help if you can get them on the right place.

Make sure you get your breaks and can lay down on some soft ice packs.

It will get better eventually- hang in there.

• Twisting a facet joint was my first back injury 4 years ago. My job at the walmart distribution center was VERY physically demanding. I had to take off work. Took physical therapist 6 weeks of PT, massage, tens unit, hot and cold packs to relax the baseball sized knot of muscles enough to pop it back into place.IMMEDIATELY felt 100% better.Bad thing is, they told me since it twisted once, it can easily do it again.Sounds like yours has been popping in and out of place for a month.The muscles tighten because of the injury. It's your body's natural reaction, trying to protect the injured area. It isn't the muscles causing the joint to pop out of place. You have to be VERY careful about how you move and pick things up.Therapist also told me that chiropractors are bad LOL Adjustments feel so good, I know, I've seen one before. But she said you become addicted to them. Having the adjustments releases endorphines into your body, but it is temporary.Pain always returns and never fixes the real problem.It may do you good to see a neuro surgeon to find out why it keeps popping out.Have you had an MRI done at all on your T-spine?
  • How have you been feeling? I just had a 2-level thoracic discectomy done on T8-9 and T9-10. Prior to the surgery, the doctor told did tell me that T7-8 was also herniated, but it wasn't causing me symptoms so he didn't want to operate on it. The other two discs were herniated to the right and caused mid-back pain along with pain that wrapped around my right side and to the front. Apparently T7-8 is herniated to the left, and in the past week and a half I've had sometimes severe left-sided pain. Not sure if it's related to the disc or recovering from surgery, so I'm not panicking just yet. But along with that pain, I get sciatica down my left leg. I just finished a round of Prednisone, which seemed to help at first, but now I'm back to having that same pain.

I definitely don't agree that you are SOL. Hopefully by now you've had an MRI done to determine that your pain is truly being caused by that disc. Also, if there is inflammation, then you may benefit from a round of steroids or even an anti-inflammatory such as Ibuprofen.

Just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going.