Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what is your day to day experience of prolotherapy for back pain?

chart3324cchart3324 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Can anyone give their experience of prolotherapy?

I have had two injections now. After the first injection's initial soreness, I felt great for a few weeks.

Now after the second injection, I have minimal relief. The stiffness and soreness are almost constant, plus radiating leg pain. Sleeping at night just creates more stiffness. Movement slowly works out the stiffness.

Has anyone had similar experience with prolo? Was there a happy ending?

• Welcome chart if you are new. I had many injections and never helped very long. And the stiffness is been an ongoing thing here after surgery more so then before surgery.

Do you know what they are treating you for? Have you had any xray or mri? Many people can help you out here,but it helps to know your full medical condition that you are being treated for. Alex
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • from the initial car crash my life has changed .1997 after the first operation .was followed with pain clinic .that involved various treatment like physiotherapy/various injection etc ..after TEN years i was discharged because the pain clinic consultant {a lovely kind woman} was unable to help me ..in the early days when pain was not as bad as it is now the injection {facet joint } did help but only for a very short time ..like two weeks ..then the next operation came and this has been hell from the moment i came home pain has gone from awful to intractable and only dulled off with large quantities of Oxycontin /diazepam and other drugs ,i am taking many pain killers and using TENS but still very little relief ..its been about 15 years of hell and now i am waiting for ALIF surgey that's a fusion on three levels /this is a risky operation {on me} and it has a very long recover time about 3 years ..my prognosis is poor words from my family doctor and the consultant .once you start with serious back pain and subsequent operations its all down hill for many ..to balance things out there are a few exceptions that have no or very little pain from many years post operation ..but from what my consultant has said even they will end up with more pain later on in life ..back operations are ..at best a very last option
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014