Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When did you sell out?

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,365
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Matters of the Heart
When did you sell out to the idea that pain is what defines you? That there is no more to life than "this"?
Did you look one dark day and ito the mirror of your soul say..enough of this, This hope for a better day, this longing for cessation of chains.

Did you sell your dreams cheaply? Did your hopes die with a quiet whimper?

Are you still challenging life for a better cut?
teeth bared and claws sharpened, awaiting the next chance prove your humanity,
does the gravity of it all weigh your soul, or does it make for a stronger leaner fighter?

Where ever you are now, this time, this moment will not define who, what, or when you are.

This may be a rough time for you, but it will not last forever,
these days may be the worst, but they will pass on to the next.

It is up to you to define the essential "you"

Dont settle for merely existing, it is a rough path to tread and is the easy way. Dont take breathing and eating for existence.
You remember what is was to be young...dont you?
the endless possibilitys of you, the paralysing indecision for direction, well, now you can decide which way to go and what you want, if not physically, then intellectually.

Dont sit still and settle
Dont sell your self cheaply to this life
Fight for your life, dont give up
dont give in to pain, its is mearly a sensation of the body.

The mind is separate and distinct, apart from the mortal shell carrying us around. Free yourself from the chains of fear inspired by pain, study the nature of your pain, define the sensations...
once you know what you face, the fears of it diminish, and "you" can make a stand.

I dont think you have sold out.

I dont think you can.

William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Ain't gonna happen Ranchhand!
    Oh yeah, I have been down and out letting this disease control and consume me. But over time I got back on my feet and for over a year now I've been on a mission to be the best I can be both physically & emotionally. Every time a new problem or pain surfaces I look at it as a challenge and I step it up another notch pushing myself just a little harder. I do realize that some day I probably won't be able to do what I am doing now so it's now or never. At least nobody including myself can't say I didn't try.
    To everyone out there, never give up, do whatever you possibly can to stay active no matter how small it may seem. Life is short so play hard!
  • Amen ranger"
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Ben,

Good answer and good for you to keep going. We may have are up's and down's but we get back up. But then again even those not in chronic pain and with non health issues have the up's and downs so I figure it is part of living. No one ever side the ride was going to be smooth sailing and most rides have the thrills and lows.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    That is so true Tam, even if one has no physical pain and limitations, life just isn't all that easy. What we all need to do is keep working towards those highs, creating goals to look forward to, and try and skip passed those valleys. There are a lot of good people here that help achieve that mindset and to those I thank you!
  • Thats the fighting spirit! smile at adversity and fortune smiles back, she likes the brave no?
    Have a great and pain free day!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• lol i usta think it was all abought the pain that consumed me ...then i thought right now i am as well as i am ever going to be soooo time to do things i have a few limitations but no big deal ...

i was big time into outdoors .. again i bought snowmobiles and 4 wheelers for our camp up north . i can't ride a quqrter of what i usta but doing the best i can ...

give up sell out not anytime soon ... pain sucks but it is what it is ....it's part of who i am .... not what i am ....

thanks for this thread ... hope alot of persons read this and think....
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    The day I sell out is the day I just about gave up and let things control me instead of the other way.

Ranch, as always you know how to put a thread together to get people thinking.

My thanks to you for this one
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have my deep down bad days, when I could easily give up on it.....

But--HECK NO!!!!!! I am not going down without a fight!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    outofcontrol said:

But--HECK NO!!!!!! I am not going down without a fight!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ya dug in the spurs and ride the wind! ya its a very good thing to be a defiant soul every now n then no?

sorry been away so long but ime back for a little while
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Numbskull