Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chronic pain

tspencerttspencer Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
I am writing to see if anyone can help me. I recently went to see a neurologist because of chronic upper back pain. My pain is mainly in my neck and left shoulder. I work a busy position and at the end of the work day It gets so bad I can hardly stand it. It depresses me because I am unable to do things that I used to be able to do. I had a mri done and it just showed mild spondylosis and mild degenerative changes with some loss of height. I am scheduled to have emg done this week because I have had slight numbness in my hands while driving. Will this test help the Doctor find out what is causing all of this discompfort? I love working and these days I can't hardly stand my job because I am in so much discompfort at end of day. Does anyone know what will help me?

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many here whom have conditions as yourself. Was your MRI of your cervical spine? Look up a condition called cervical radiculopathy and that might help explain the pain radiating outward. Also look at the dermatone map and see if any of the pain patterns your describing might be like that. There are things they can do like injections, specific therapy and meds to help alleviate the symptoms. Did you get a copy of your MRI report and read it yourself? Sometimes the report might say something different. Just a thought.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. your doctor can best answer your questions after he gets all your test results back!! i know it is hard to wait but just be patient and let him give you a diagnosis... it is a good thing he wants further tests, he is taking good care of you!! have a good look around the forum and make yourself at home! good luck to you! Jenny :)