Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DDD,Arachnoiditis, morphine pump

tony234ttony234 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
HI,MY NAME IS TONY,I will be 75 in June.
My first back operation was in 1983,2 month,s later had to operate again because of small bone on sciatica nerve.I would like to responed for some people who say I will never have my back operated on.
At that time I had a small pet shop.Pain started slow but eventualy had to temp.close store because of to much pain.I had hoped if I kept off my feet it would go away.I spent 6 day,s on the couch,slept and ate.Each night I would ask my son to help me stand,I couldnt take a step.6 day,s latter I could not move eighter leg,I told my mom to call 911 and said it,s not going away this time.I was so scared I thought I was paralized.I was in hospital 10 to 14 day,s and back in mt store,which eventually I had to close because of loseing my customer,s.My back was 100 percent better.
I eventually had operation again 10 year,s latter,some one told me operation will be needed every 10 year,s.'
Year,s latter about in late 90,s after having constant pain aand could not walk more then 100 feet I started seeing many doctors again and after having a doppler test on my lower leg,s the guy started banging on the side of the machine I asked what,s wrong,he said it must be broke I,m getting no reading,tried other leg said it,s a low readig tried the other with no reading.SORRY FOR ANY BAD SPELLING.
Eventualy seen a doctor not sure what kind.He said II have little or no blood going to my lower leg,s,OH the leg,s were very cold.He showed me 2 exray,s a good one and mine,he said can you see the different,s it was easly to see.He told me I have ARACHNOIDITIS and said it was clumping of the nerve,s and it was the worst case he every seen,if any body needed a morphine pump I do.Is SCS the same?
He put in a temp. one on the out side to make sure it was in the right place,it was,I could not beleave that the pain was all gone and able to walk again.
Year,s latter pain started again,he added more medication little by little,eventually he said he can,t add any more I,m at the limit.With more test,s they said I have OSEOARTHRITIS as if I didn,t have enough going on.I know this is a long letter,I,m sorry,but beleave it or not it help,s me to write about it as I live alone.
In 2003 after I couldn,t take the pain any more,and barely was able to walk I seen a doctor an was told if I have a DOUBLE ADOMINAL OPERATION A MAJOR OPERATION to get blood to my leg,s it might help some what.I though about it a long time,spoke to my primary doctor for help,he said I could only tell you that your pain is gettig worst and worst as you told me and if you don,t you might lose your leg,s.If I didn,t here it from the other doctor first,I might not have had it done,but I did.
After the operation I was not able to eat any thing,doctor told me I would soon,28 day,s latter and eatting very little a man came into my room with a gallon of medicated water and to drink it all in 4 hour,s,I tried but only drank half guy came in again and said I have to drink it all other wise they will have to put a tube in my nose to get it in.I had that with my kidney operation and was painful.I told him I,m here 28 day,s and just getting pill,s with no help and now to have this done.I told him you no what I,m eatting a little better and would like to go home he said ok if that,s what you want to do.
I was hopeing if I came home I will feel better and start eating,4 day,s latter I was feeling terrable,went back to see the surgeon,when he see me he said you look terrable what,s going on and I told him all.He told me to go to emergensy room to get back in hospitale which I did.I asked to see him but never came to my room.3 day,s latter with still no eatting they said they can,t help me any more and they will send me to,I can,t remember what it,s called but like a recover place.
The first think they did is weighe me I was 125 lbs. I lost 40 lbs.normaly I,m 165 lbs.after about 10 to 14 day,s I started eating again,latter they took me to help me walk,a week latter I was walking on my owne with no pain at all,I couldn,t beleave.Each day I was walking furter and furter nurse told me to slow down I,m still weak,how could I felt like a teenager again but I did.A total of 30 day,s I came home,it was great to be home again.
But has all good thing,s it lasted about 3 month,s and pain was back,not as before but back.I didn,t tell doctor because I was afraid of another operation.
Year,s latter I asked for help,they said no way,I have blood clot in my left leg and taking Warfarin,[couumidin]
4 month,s ago I fractioned my ankle,Just last month I have Astma taking VENTOLIN HFA,don,t help start heavy breading after walking less then a block,some time,s when I eat same happen,s.
Last month rushed to hospital because of pain in my upper stomch,I waited 3 day,s hoping it would go away,drinking milk and cookie,s,didn,t help.In the hospital 4 day,s with out eating because of test,s also sent a tube in my mouth to see what,s going on,they said it was an ulcer
which I had year,s ago but wasn,t this bad and it came and lleft.
Left hospital to see a doctor,can,t remember what kind.I was mailed a letter to take to him,it said OTH LYMPHOMAS UNS EXTRANOD.I Looked it up on computer,is said is a term of cells cancer that develop,s from of the Lymphatic system,which is part of the body,s immune system called LYMPHOCYTES.What else can happen,Waiting for doctor to send me to ONCOLOGIST.I also read that stomack cancer has simuler symptom,s has peptic ulcer,this is what I didn,t want to read,OH WELL.
I just want you to know I don,t lye or excaturate.In case people would like to know how can I remember all of this,When I started having problem,s in hospital I started to write.I,m sorry for the spelling and the long writing,but in some case,s I hope I helped some people.

• Hi tony. Welcome". Thats ok if your post is long, Thats what we are here for is to read all the complications that can arise after surgery. And i see you had your share and wow i am realy sorry. I had the ulcer part and man that was prety bad on its own. All the years of medications will cause a lot of stomach issues. Some people dont realise a life time of pain meds will do a lot of changes as we get older to our digestive track.

Hopefuly its not cancer tony. I think as long as its treated and keep away from foods that cause acid in the future, hopefuly you will be ok. I had the so called h pilory along with my ulcer that they give me antibiotics 3 times around cause it can be real hard to kill of the h pilory from what i learned. I read everything under the sun because antibiotics was not doing the job. I found manuka honey has something that helps kill it off in it and hellps the digestive system so i jumped on that and it did help my ulcer a lot using it before a meal.

When i had follow up with my dr i mentioned the manuka honey umf+25. To him just to see what he says about it. Turns out he also uses it. They can test for the h pilory bug by blood test, or breath test or stewel sample. I finaly got my ulcer under control but yes i still took nexium for a while and use it once in a while when it feels like it might be acting up. I should be still using that honey but it does get a litle bit expensive is only reason i stoped purchasing it. Ok thats all i have for now its cofe time to make some acid for the stomach. Hee hee".

Welcome again tony and keep us updated what they find. Ps: drink lots of water
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,