Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

going through the stages

backpainsucksbbackpainsucks Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Depression and Coping
I guess im going through the depression stages because im now angry that nothing has worked and it seems that nothing will.I had a microdiscectomy on my L4L5 buldged disc one month ago and still no relief.I've been off of work for one year now due to a work injury that my employer new that I did at work and decided to fight my w/c and guess what he won.I dont have any type of disabilty or any income for that matter except for my wife and her job.Thank GOD!I could not get the surgery on my back because my personal insurance would not pay due to w/c being in appeal status for the past year.So when I lost the case my insurance finally paid for the surgery so I thought that It would help.
So I finally had it done and was told it was 50/50 chance of helping because of the buldged disc was on the nerve for so long.I still have all of the same pains that I had before and sometimes even stronger.I cant walk to good or even drive so im stuck in the house.I dont know how much longer I can sit here looking at the walls.Cant really sit stand or walk to good yet and im not going to see my doctor for five more weeks.He thinks that time will heal it but,he said if I was still in pain on my next visit then we would have to go from there.I personally think that I have a little nerve damage because it still hurts so bad and I dont even have to be moving I can be laying down, standing up or sitting and I get those really bad stabbing pains from my back to my foot.I did not have an emg done because no one would pay for it at the time and when I got out of the w/c nightmare the dr. said to just go ahead with the surgery so I did.Just dont know if it worked yet and felt like I needed to vent.Im sitting here depressed and mad and sad and hurting so just wanted to complain a little.Sorry so long and depressing but gotta go for now thanks for listening to me gripe.

• I know what your going through with the depression, Ive been hurt for 3 and a half years now, went from being a healthy paratrooper (thats an airborne soldier if you didnt know) to nothing but a broken down crippled at 27 years old, I guess Im lucky bc I got retired at this age but it sucks sitting home and not being able to work, Ive been where you are with the anger, then the sadness, and the denial, now back to the sadness and worthlessness crap, I dont know when it stops or even it does stop, I wish you the best of luck and I wish I could tell you something uplifting but I aint got nothing, it still f&%$s with me every day, so if you ever need someone to talk to I get on this every day Ill vent with you good luck. Its not like we got anything better to do lol.
  • I know it takes a long time to recover from surgery and though a minor microsurgery it's still spine surgery and can take a long time to heal. Please don't give up so early in your healing. I haven't had surgery yet but I've seen people here who have done well and they're off busy with their lives. I wish somehow you could appeal the WC case it's just not right. Do you think you could walk better with a cane or a walker until you see your Dr. or take small walk several times a day? I hope you have some more improvement soon. Best wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for responding and listening to me complain.I did drive a truck and do alot of heavy lifting so I dont think I'll be able to do that anymore.I just dont know what to expect from all of this I would give anything to be able to go back to work but,I probably wont be doing what I was ever again.Just taking it one day at a time and trying to deal with it so thanks for the response.Hope you can manage as well.
  • Hey thanks for responding to my post.I do have good support from my family especially my wife and daughter.It just gets really hard to deal with sometimes but,Im dealing with it the best that I can.I do have to use a cane to walk and it does help.It just takes some getting used to.I did have to get a lawyer and fight my employer for w/c but,I won my first time and my employer won the second.My lawyer caught my boss in all kinds of lies and I still lost but,my lawyer said we will take it all the way to a jury court.Its just hard to sit here and deal with all of this crap and watch them get away with all of there lies.I guess I dont have a choice so for now all I can do is wait to see if this surgery will work or not.Thanks for responding and listening.
  • I forgot to mention please call your Surgeon and let him know how you're doing as he may be able to assess you and perhaps another MRI or add medications for you. I hope you see him soon for your appointment. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN