Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone had this

backpainsucksbbackpainsucks Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:52 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone had this happen after surgery? I am one month post op from L4L5 microdiscectomy. My disc was buldged and pressing on to my nerve and was causing severe pain from my back to my foot and as of right now the surgery hasn't worked. Anyway just the other day my back started to pop right at where my surgery was but, it doesn't hurt. Its never done this before and its just got me worried. If anyone has had this happen to them can you please let me know what came of it. Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Hey there,

What has your doctor said about the results, thus far, on your surgery? When do you see him next?

As for the popping, hmmm, I want to say I had something similar but not 100%. Can you call your doctor's office and talk to them?

If you aren't feeling any improvement by week 6, talk to your doctor and ask him for Re-MRI. I only suggest this because with the micro surgeries there is a chance you can re-herniate within the first 3 months.

You are only 4 weeks out so you could still have surgical inflammation causing your continued pain.

• Yes I saw my doctor a week ago and he told me to do nothing for six more weeks. He said that the disc did pull away from the nerve so he thinks its going to work but my back didn't start popping until after I saw him. It's just freaking me out because it's never done this before. I guess if it keeps doing it then I will call him next week. Thanks for the response.