Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 weeks post laminectomy and L4,L5 Fusion

sreksssreks Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I think I have been a little to aggresive as I am in some pain now. I felt so good just 3 weeks post op that I went back to work after 3 1/2 weeks (part time). Everything was OK until at 6 weeks I went to 8hr days. I really under estimated how many times I get up and down,and bend and twist every day. So now I have intermitant tingling in my left cheek, and pain from my lower back into my hip and groin. I do have an intermittant slight numbness on the bottom of my left foot (less than 5% of pre surgery) possible nerve regeneration ?? I felt so good after 3 weeks, so I'm a little disapointed, but 10 weeks is still somewhat early on.
The surgeon said everything in the x-ray's looks perfect,
and that I need to dial it back a little. I will confess that I have been active, but I have not done anything to foolish. I went to the auto show (too much standing), and the sportsshow (too much standing again). The Doc has me starting PT tomorrow, I'm curious to see what I will be doing. I know I should have taken more time off, but work is just crazy right now. I should have listend to that little voice that kept telling me "You're going back to soon" (that little voice belongs to my wife). I still have high hopes that this will be a success,and I will be pain free for the most part. I see the Doc again May 12th,and I think I will find out if a fuse is starting or done??

• Yeah you have been overdoing it and the body is telling you big time to slow down.

Can you cut right back on your hours at work? Your spine really does need to rest more so that it can heal.

Good that you haven't injured yourself, but please listen to your dear wife

Walk as much as you can, but break it up into smaller amounts, and gentle stretching is good.

Don't be disappointed that you can't do a lot of the things that you'd like to do now - that day will come even though it feels like forever !!

Try and visualize what you're going to be like in a few months time when hopefully you'll have fused. I'm 18 months out now, and I'm doing most things, but have had to wait for the fusion to strengthen to be able to do the heavier activities.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008