Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nine surgically fused levels

cerviequeenccerviequeen Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi. Twelve years ago I had severe mylopathy in my arms, shoulder and hands and wound up with a four level cervical fusion. A year after that I had the hardware removed and the fusion extended from C2 through T1. Fast forward another six years and sciatica, foot drop and leg weakness indicated I was not done with spinal surgery. I messed around for three years with PT, epidurals and denial before having a three level lumbar fusion. Inbetween all that I had four shoulder surgeries. I go to water aerobics several times a week, but now I have trouble walking to the mailbox in front of my house. I tried to be a survivor and not a victim. Don't know where this is going now, but I'm totally done with surgeries.

• with what you had/have to endure , you are a survivor.

welcome to spinehealth, i hope you like it here, there are lots here to give you support and im sure you have a lot to give to members

ive had a long battle with spinal probs , the worst at cervical and lumbar

its all a bit raw for me right now, as i try to process this cervical myelopathy

no wonder your feel done with surgeries , after all that

hope to talk with you further
    take care and welcome
  • With pain like yours, I'm sure you are tired of hearing "hang in there". You trump me on surgeries but I know there are a bunch of great people on this forum that may be in the same place you are and can reach out with some possitive insite. Keep being a survivor, that is a great way to look at your self and I'm sure someone will have answers.
    Weight room accident at 18. Had compression fracture and was paralyzed for month until ruptured spinal column healed. At 37 did all the epidurals/blocks. At 38 had two level open lami and Discectomy. At 39 (Sept 2012) had two level ALIF L4-S1 fusion.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to a place full of survivors so you will fit right in!! please have a good look around and make yourself at home!! i am sorry you are in chronic pain and that surgeries were not the answer. you must be more than dissappointed!! i want to wish you luck with your pain problems!! stop by the forum anytime!! Jenny :)