Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member - C 6-7 Herniated Disc. ACDF scheduled 5/3/11

cosmicsuzy1212ccosmicsuzy1212 Posts: 36
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone,
I am a new member. My name is Diane. I am 43 years old, married with 2 kids, ages 7 and 14 (who, might I add are awesome). I am in good health, just recently got into running.

My condition started innocently enough one morning in April 2010 I woke up with a "crink" in my neck. Since then:

1.)6 weeks of PT
3.)referral to PM clinic (a horrible experience - did not review my MRI films -said it wasn't necessary - uncaring with no follow up or referrals):
CESI - no results
Radiofrequency Ablation - no results
Facet Joint injections - no results
4.)Referred myself back to PCP, who then referred me to Nuerologist. Backed up 3 months on consults;
5.)Decided to see an orthopedist. Referred to Spine Surgeon;
Reveiwed MRI "Oh...by the way...you have a herniated disc!" See the PM clinic above who said it wasn't necessary to look at it. LOVE MY SURGEON!!
6.) Scheduled for ACDF on 5/3/11. Pain is rough...sometimes I can't feel parts of my arm and hand...spasm in shoulder, neck...
7.) Quite anxious about surgery, but ready for it.

Medications: 10 mg/Oxycontin 3x per day. 5/500 Vicodin for bbreakthrough; Ibuprofen too. Lorazepam 1 mg. nightly.

"My Blood Type is Be Positive"

• Well I'm new here to. I like that your kids are great! I have a little girl, she is now 17 and trys to help all she can! My wife and her are great. Anyway it's good to be here, hope things work out. sometimes I wake up feeling bad (not like how you woke up) in pain my doc said he as others tell him the same thing. crazy we are sleeping what could happen to make such a big deal? however we are not alone. well good to you and yours!!
  • I am trying to keep my nerves settled (no pun intended) as I get closer to surgery. I am fearful, yet at the same time hopeful that I can return to at least 50% of where I was before this all started. I hope that you have a lot of support from family and friends beccause it sounds like you have been on a long journey with this.

"My Blood Type is Be Positive"

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck on your upcoming surgery!! be sure and check out the "Back and Neck forum" for more input..stop by the forum anytime!! it can make a long day of recovery go by alot faster!! be sure and follow your doctor's instruction's after surgery!! Jenny :)