Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe cervical DDD/ work

macspecialmmacspecial Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I was recently diagnosed with DDD c4/c7, severe c5/c6 and bad Osteo in both shoulders. I continue to work as usual as I need to, but find most days a challenge as I have a tonne of pain after 4 hours. My celebrex 200mg just doesn't seem to cut it. I can see restricted duty coming my way, but how do you all manage with the pain? I've always been one to deal with pain, but this is freakin crazy.

Thank you for just being here!!

• I too have cervical DDD, stenosis and arthritis of the neck and currently take Vicodin. I have tried just using the OTC but it didn't bring any relief and flares up my IBS. I never took the vicodin while working but I got to the point that I couldn't see the reasoning in being in pain and not being able to perform like I should. I only take 7.5mg every few hours. It doesn't take all the pain away but it does help.

I know my surgeon is one who will not perscribe narcotics on a regular basis and if yours is like that ask about seeing a Pain Management Clinic, they can work with you to see what can bring relief and they will believe you about the pain you are feeling.

• Your ability to continue working with DDD depends upon what you do and how you handle the pain. I will continue to work as long as possible. I have friends who quit work because of chronic pain and it ended up destoying their lives.
    There are various techniques for dealing with pain at work whether taking meds if allowed to getting up and walking around at specified intervals. Some companies offer flex or alternate work schedules where you can split the work with another individual. I know, those are few and far between.
    I have a pain patch that give a constant low dose of meds to help and use the thermal heat wraps and a tens unit. Many times it just finding something to distract the mind from the pain.
    Good luck to you and keep us updated.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched