Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

knock, knock Newbie here...just wanna come in, browse

planojonespplanojones Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
15 years, survivor of cervical disc issues, just completed 30 days post op R&R of C5/C6 April 22. Had C6/C7 R&R'ed back in 2002. "Cervical radiculopathy with myelopathy and upper extremity paralysis" is what the VA wrote on my chart when I retired in 2003. To date they have only awarded 10 % compensation for "Cervical fusion @ c6/c7 healed".

I'm simply trying to find out if I will ever recover fully from the pain and weakness that haunts me 99% of my time here on earth. ~X(

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many whom have had cervical fusion. If you had myelopathy when they did the surgery, the surgery was only done to stop the progression of the symptoms but will not take away what you already had. You can place cervical myelopathy in the search feature at the top of the page and learn more about it.

AS far as your percent of disability it depends on what you were able to do post surgery. Did the surgery cause you to leave the military or did you return to active duty once you recovered?

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Thank you for your service.