Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the forum

janipoojjanipoo Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, I've been following spine-health on facebook and have decided to join the forum. I have 2 people that I can really talk to about my condition but beyond that, others don't understand and I get to feeling like I'm whining or making it up. Until they deal with it they won't understand.

I have DDD in my neck, Cervical stenosis and arthritis. Had C3-C6 worked on with fusion in 2009, I had lost all function of the right arm. The surgery went well and I was pain free for a year but started having problems again. I am now trying to hold off another surgery. C6 is impeding my spinal space and C7 has started breaking down. I recently had a couple epidural shots, the first one worked for 3 days but the pain slowly started coming back, the second set off the nerves and made things worse. They did a test to see if they would be able to burn the nerves but that failed. I go in next to have some nerve test.

I have pain in my neck, shoulders, arm and pretty much everywhere in between. It makes no sense, some days it may
be the nerves really bothering me and some the actual neck sometimes it is different hours.

I go to a pain management place and I like going there because I feel like they believe me and not making things up
but at the same time I kinda feel like a guinea pig and things seem to be worse.

• Sorry to hear of your neck issues. This is a great place for support when you need it. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Janipoo,
    I'm so sorry about all your neck/pain issues. :(
    This site is very informative and the people are super nice!!!
    I hope you start feeling better soon, take care
  • hi to all the member of this community site.i am Abhay and i have recently joined this community site hope you all are enjoying here.have a great day to all.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. so sorry you are suffering with chronic pain issues.. i do hope you are feelng better soon.. good luck with getting care and better treatment.. stop by the forum anytime.. we are a very friendly group!! Jenny :)
  • Janipoo,

Welcome to Spine Health! Sorry to hear your neck is acting up on you. You've come to the right place for support, friendship and understanding of life on the spiney trail!

Welcome aboard!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi all,

I am also new to the forum and look forward to interacting with you all.

Good to be here.