Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any Success Stories?

StealthtasticSStealthtastic Posts: 43
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Anybody have any sort of success story? Ive been scouring the Internet for anything resembling one and all I've found is, "I had X procedure done by Y company, it was fantastic!" on company websites.

Everyone here seems to be in terrible condition too. :/

It'd be nice to hear something resembling a success story...

• Perhaps you will get an answer 'people who had successful surgeries are out of forums enjoying their lives' but somehow this answer is weird to me. It looks like if I had a successful surgery, I would love to shout it out loud for the 'whole world' to know that I am back to enjoying life.
  • Exactly, I'd try to help others stuck in the same position as well.
  • People on these forums help each other as much as they can. Anyway, knowing that there aren't lots of success stories of surgeries helps to keep the sense of reality 'expect the best, prepare for the worst'.
  • Most of the people that had good outcome with surgery dont have the time to come on and talk about it here. If they went back to there normal life and staying bussy surgery was just a small time out of there life.

Some who are doing beter but still have some pain issues will join the forum.

And then there is us who never recovered so we continue to search for answers or some solutions to deal with it.

When your car is broke down you complain about it. But once its back up runing you drive it. Same with our body!
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hi. I had a spinal fusion and disc removal just over 5 weeks ago and I feel this has been a success. I had 5 years+ of not being able to sleep in a bed or lie down flat because of muscles spasming to support the lack of disc and the moment I came home 3 days after the op I was able to sleep normally through the night in my own bed. I have had very little pain and was off painkillers after a week and am walking 6 miles or so a day on the treadmill. I am glad I had this operation as it has cured the problems I was having for so many years.

• I have had 3 fusions and am fused L1-S1. Each one was a success. I had different problems for each one. The recovery is long but it is definitely worth it.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • Who help people out and still come here to post their success stories and I've been here so long to see members who have had successful surgeries and are out living their lives once again. Do a search for success stories in the little blue box at the top of the page and you will see there are many successful surgeries.

Many of us have ongoing back or neck pain and looking for support here but I'm always looking for people to have a successful surgery and some people are still recovering from their surgery especially fusion surgery which sometimes takes a long time for the nerves to grow back and come here for daily support for as long as it takes. One member Isteller has had successful spinal surgery and went back to work but still posts here often. Hopefully someone will see your posts and try to encourage you.

Your Surgeon may sometimes hook you up with another of his patients to talk with concerning a particular surgery and give you more information. Best wishes and hope you find what you're looking for. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN