Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fusions and disability

roadkingmilorroadkingmilo Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Chronic Pain
hello everyone, just wondering if anybody is in the same "boat" as i am. in the process of waiting for a disability hearing, back in 05 i had a cervical fusion at C4-C7 with plate and 8 screws, then in august of 2010 i had a lumbar microdisectomy at L3-L4 which went bad, my pain was worse after surgery, so in march of 2011 i went through a lumbar fusion at L3-S1 with 3 rods and 8 screws I also have had my left basal joint removed due to arthritis which is spread through out my body,and i also get pain injections in both shoulders. I am fifty years old and in constant pain, just wondering what my chances are of winning SS hearing, i know each case is different and there are people out there with worse problems than i and also people with no problems and they win their case. this is turning my life upside down, constanly worrying and losing sleep......any input would be appriciated......thank you.......dave

• if you are you need to apply for DLA then get the local CAB office to fill the form in for you ,don't even attempt to do it yourself .the people from the CAB know what to put without lying.looking at your health issues i dont think that you should have any problems .but remember its how your disability effect you and your life ..not everyone with the same problems is the same some can manage very well with a grate deal of pain and some won't .so think on when you are filling the form in but dont lie
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Hi RoadKing

I am very new here and I don't know if this is frowned on by the board. I belong to another board URL Removed. They deal with SSDI problems in the same way we deal with pain. You get the same support and good advice that we get here. I truly believe between the 2 boards I have kept sane for the last few months.

I hope this info helps.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Administrator Dave
  • Edited by Tamtam for inappropriate content.
  • With your surgeries, significant arthritis and your age of 50, I definitely would go for disability. Personally I think you have a very good chance of being awarded it. The best advice I can give is to make sure your personal physician goes along with you being disabled and will also fill out the paperwork. Get all of your medical records together.

Best wishes,

• Dave, I would suggest you apply for disability, of course this is only my opinion. Sorta goes to that saying "you don't have anything to lose". I do know from what I have dealt with and with all the research I've done in the past year and a half, that being 50 yrs old is like the magic number, when it comes to age and applying for SSD. I had a fusion on L5-S1 about 2 1/2 yrs ago, and just today I had my hearing with a Judge for my disability case. I don't know the official answer yet, but it does seem to be that the answer will be positive for my approval.
    You can fill out the application to apply for SSD, all on your own, without hiring a lawyer. But after I got denied the 1st time is when I hired a lawyer. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do.
  • hi everyone,i've had 2 back surgeries in the last 4 months l4l5 fusion. c4c5 fusion. c4c5 fusion and replaced 2 disc. been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. 2 herniated disc in thorasic area dont remember what levels. doctor said i had an old injury where i had 2 fractures in my back i didnt even know when it happened. im still having major pains in my lower back ,sharp pains in buttocks area down right leg,center of back around fusion area. i was having severe thorasic ares pain doctor it was caused from cervical area so i had that surgery. that didnt stop pain and its probably worse now. before cervical surgery i had a lot of pain going down my right arm now i have pain going down both arms and the left arm is even worse. i dont know what to do painkillers and muscle relaxers dont do much,cant sleep,not able to work, i've did the same type of work for 25 years auto collision. i'm 43 years old hadnt ever thought about disability until now when i'm in pain all the time and can't physically do anything i've allways been active thank you for any comments.
  • Howdy, and Welcome to Spine Health! You might want to start your own thread for better response. This way you don't hijack this thread, and your questions are properly answered.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.