Hi - I stumbled across this site while trying to find informtion on my MRI report.
I've been suffering from severe back pain now for around 2 years. It became pretty much unbearable in November 2010 - it took a lot of convincing of my then GP that I needed an MRI Scan (I already knew I had mild disc degeneration from an x-ray three years ago).
I also have coeliac disease, ongoing colitis and have recently been in hospital for Pancreatitis - my poor health means I've lost about 2 stone in weight, which of course, has helped my back a little - but I am still struggling to cope and wondering exactly what the implications of the MRI results are (currently waiting to see a specialist now).
I am on Tramadol, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen (Diclofenac was better contributed to my stomach problems).
Not sure if this is the right place to post it - but below are the results of my MRI scan - if anyone has experienced similar or managed to overcome the effects - or indeed can translate the implications, I would be eternally grateful.
The report says:
- Minor loss of signal from the L3/4 and L4/5 lumbar discs.
- The facet joints in the lower thoracic spine appear degenerative and the left facet joint at T10/11 appears hypertrophied.
- There is narrowing of the spinal canal at L4/5 largely due to hypertrophied degenerative facet joints.
- The neural foramina are significantly narrowed bilaterally at L4/5, large due to the hypertrophy of the facet joints.
- The appearance is more marked on the left where a disc bulk is contributing to the narrowing. There is likely to be compression of the nerve roots in the foramina at this level.
- The fact joints at L5/S1 also appear degenerative.
On Saturday, I did a short circle with one of my dogs, and my back and legs nearly seized up - I could barely move - this lasted for about 5 to 10 minutes (but felt a lot longer) - my back has been 'uncomfortable' ever since.
Any help and comments would be useful - I am female, in my mid 40's and am self employed as an IT consultant.