Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

feeling of something stuck in my throat

MissLo81MMissLo81 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
2 years ago I had a c-5 c-6 discectomy in which they used a cadaver disc and hardware. aside from a small amount of pain every once and awhile i have had no problems. 4 days ago i was in a car accident in which we were rear ended and my neck snapped forward and back. within a few minutes i suddenly felt like something was stuck in my throat every time i swallowed. i went to the er and they gave me nsaids and muscle relaxers but over the past 4 days it has only gotten worse, and now its not only when i swallow, it is constant. is this something to do with my surgery or am i worrying over nothing?? someone please help because it is making me go crazy! thanks in advance!

• I am not a Dr. BUT, if this happened to me, I would be going to my surgeon who had performed my previous neck surgery as soon as possible. I just had the neck surgery you were talking about, and it doesn't sound "normal" for you to be having these symptoms since your car accident. Sounds like you need X-Rays and an MRI of your neck, but I strongly suggest you return to your surgeon who is familiar with you and get checked out. Might not be anything wrong, but you don't want to take a chance.
  • I have to agree fully with Mindy. If I had the same situation, I would be contacting my surgeon. As you've already found out, the ER doesn't do much diagnostic testing to see what is going on.

If you have hardware, it is pretty darn hardy, but you never know. I had a guy almost T-bone me a while back, and the pain was so bad, I thought I broke my neck! It turned out to be a bad sprain thankfully. Give your doctors office a call, brief them on what happened and go from there. Something could have moved sure, but until he has you fully checked, you don't know. I hope all turns out well. Lack of answers is scary I know.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.