I'll try to quickly summarize my injuries and what's happened in the past week. I need advice on several topics -
1. Finding a doctor to treat this
2. Is there anything I can be doing from home?
3. What the heck has happened to me ?!?
Anyways, I've probably had this herniation for longer, but December 2008 is when it started causing me problems. Until this past week the pain has been manageable using the following -
- Home traction device, stretches, exercises, low-dosage opioids, NSAID(s), and just generally babying my neck. To get rid of the numbness I've used the traction device followed by icing it. This has worked until now. I might add that every day was slightly different and pain level on average a 6 to 7.
I've had the following symptoms for the better part of 2.5 years.
- Intermittent numbness in my arms and hands (comes and goes), constant neck ache, tight upper back.
1 week ago Monday I all of a sudden started having bad numbness, weakness, and the pain level has soared. My upper back is tighter than ever and my arms are becoming very weak. I've finally got the numbness to go away (for now), but the spams and tense upper back muscles are causing me a ton of problems. This hurts like heck! These spasms are driving me nuts and my tense upper back is causing major weakness in my triceps.
Any idea what has happened? Herniation gotten worse? I've been through the whole conservative treatment, consulted with surgeon and pain mgmt doctor, and am currently being treated by my family doctor. My family doctor can only do so much for this problem and I need to find either a pain mgmt doctor or spine doctor to treat these new developments.
Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. -C