Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test


stormitsstormit Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hi, newbie to writing here but not to veiwing comments. Just a quick question.Anyone with a permanant scs ever been shocked by electric,and i'm not talking about a mild shock or one from the scs.I mean an electricail shock from an outside source of more than 15000 volts? well i was and it completely destoryed my scs(no longer worked and wires fried)just got it replaced. was just wondering am i the only one thats ever had this happen?


  • Can't say that I've taken that much voltage recently. I'm not surprised that it fried your IPG and the wires. Good to know that I should stay clear of the transformer in my yard. Hope everything is working again.

  • Thanks dave,
    yea i think everything is working now.they had to replace the entire works about 2 weeks ago.i got shocked from a neon sign transformer while installing a security system. around 15000 volts at 80-90ma. luck to be alive i suppose.ANS rep sasid they have never had anyone get shocked an fry system before.i had my system for about a year before.ask everyone i talked to before if electric shock would bother it no one seemed to have an answer.i work with televisions and all sorts of electronics.so now i guess they have there answers when people ask!! anyway was just wondering if anyone else out there had got shocked while using an scs?
  • I've not had shock from an outside source. Wow! I'm glad you're ok! Mine "shocked" me when it was beginning to fail though and it felt like strong jolts of electricity running through my arms and body.

    How did your revision go? Is it almost the exact same recovery as you had the first time? Mine is completely being replaced two weeks from today because it has totally failed for some unknown reason except to stimulate my calves and feet, which are not part of my problem! I'm just wondering if this recovery has been easier since you already had the "pocket" for the battery. My wire that connects the cervical "paddle" and the paddle, as well as the battery, will have to be replaced.
  • sorry to hear about your scs failure.as for my revision surgery,i think this one was a lot less painful than the first.this time the ipg pocket was a lot less sore but where the wires were placed seemed to bother me alot more.but maybe it's because of the wires insulation being partly melted in me.but all in all i think this one was alot easier recovery.i'll be praying your recovery goes goes easier for you as well.

  • Thanks, Tim. I'm optimistic that all is going to go smoothly. I'm just ready to have it over and get back to feeling well.
Sign In or Register to comment.